The Disney Resort Collection catalogue launches today

SirNim

Where there's demand...

...there's supply.

This is a kind of off-the-wall concept... I could never imagine a website dedicated to this sort of merchandise... We'll see how long it lasts...

maryszhi

I thought the same things, but now im glad that they have the stuff so i can redo my room to make it more like a princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to go to disney if we end up going :) all i need to do is get good grades and will go spring break ( we already have res. but i keep having to get good grades):sohappy:

themarchhare

I was hoping more to see more resort-specific bedding. I would LOOOVE to have the bedspread from Beach Club or Grand Floridian!!

dizpins14

I see absolutely no point, unless they are hoping this will be like SkyMall magazine you find on the planes. You come back from a long day at the parks and naturally being bored at Disney World you decide to buy a bed since the hotel beds are so comfortable.

baz212

That was disappointing. The only cool thing was the mickey lamp. I want more decor. No one sees your mattress, and the sheets are just boring white.

Ciciwoowoo

I actually love the idea that I can order the shampoo and stuff with the cute Mickey head on it! I know they sell it at the stores there, but I didn't pick any up, and now that I don't have a future trip planned anytime soon, I'm missing my mouse!!!

I do think the prices are a bit steep though. I'm sure they must buy those towels for a few dollars and they want to charge $30 for one!

fizzle75

Meh...I'm not that impressed. I too was hoping it was going to be a place where we can order Resort specific merchandise(Boardwalk t-shirts, Mickey totem poles from WL, ANYTHING from Zawadi Marketplace or Wilderness Lodge Mercantile etc.). If all they are gonna do is sell linens, room decor and alarm clocks/radios(!) then they need to make them more heavily themed and drop the prices. I love that MIckey lamp but I'm not about to shell out $200 for it.

I'm sure this is still in it's infancy and more things are on the way. I'm sure most folks like myself will be more interested in the heavily themed bedding and room decor from the other resorts like The Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk etc. In it's current state, I don't see this lasting very long though.

edit-After some thought, I think I see where they're going with this..After reading the other thread about the new Contemporary tower(Kingdom Tower) and how it's gonna be aimed more at "upscale" guests, I'm thinkin' Disney are trying to reach out to a certain demographic that they haven't tapped into yet. I guess Disney are trying to prove that there's something for EVERYBODY at WDW, even the snooty, retentive rich folks!:lol:

No offense to you snooty, retentive rich folks out there.:lookaroun

stmize

I like the idea of being able to purchase the bath products. I like the mickey soap and I try to bring some back for my niece and nephew. So now when I am running low I can just buy some and it will come to my door. Although that will be nothing compared to being there.

tigsmom

That was disappointing. The only cool thing was the mickey lamp. I want more decor. No one sees your mattress, and the sheets are just boring white.

I thought there would me more decor too. I like the shampoos and such, but I don't see myself ordering that and towels... :shrug:

I was hoping for a lamp like they have in the lobby of the WL.

imamouse

Beds for sale? What a stretch. And $8 for a little bottle of shampoo that is provided in the rooms for free (or will that be changing)? I have at least 6 of those little shampoos and soaps in a bag at home now.

This could turn around and be hugely successful, but I think the launch is pretty weak.

tigsmom

Beds for sale? What a stretch. And $8 for a little bottle of shampoo that is provided in the rooms for free (or will that be changing)? I have at least 6 of those little shampoos and soaps in a bag at home now.

This could turn around and be hugely successful, but I think the launch is pretty weak.

These are 8.5 oz bottles which are larger than the ones at the resorts which are only 1.25 oz (and yes, I pulled one out to check :lookaroun ). Still, I can catch a good sale and get a good brand name bottle of shampoo at the store - much larger- for $1.99 :shrug:

Karolena

I'm with all of you. It's kind of weak right now. Especially in the decor. I want pretty much everything from the Grand Floridian.

But maybe they'll have more things as time goes by.

kcnole

Boring. I was hoping it would be resort specific things such as the bed covers from Animal Kingdom and decorations such as wallpaper, etc... I do like the resort soaps as its fun to have Mickey in your bathroom and the Mickey bust lamp is cool. But everything else is just boring white with no real Disney connection at all.

Fun2BFree

I would kill to have any of the decor from the Disney Resorts, but these offerings are bland, unoriginal and pricey. You can get better from eBay, but I can't afford the transatlantic shipping.

Richie248

I think it's a decent start and something other hotel chains have been doing for some time (such as the W). I'm sure it will grow into something bigger and better, and look forward to checking it out every so often. If only they would have a site to buy all our favorite merchandise from the parks!!!

fizzle75

I think it's a decent start and something other hotel chains have been doing for some time (such as the W). I'm sure it will grow into something bigger and better, and look forward to checking it out every so often. If only they would have a site to buy all our favorite merchandise from the parks!!!

That would so rock!

On second thought, that's probably not a good idea. If there was a website selling current park merchandise, between it, WDWmagic and Ebay I would be broke, divorced and quite possibly the smelliest person on the planet!

...but the bright side is that I could order Mickey soap!:sohappy:

ilvdisney

This looks to me like an attempt to do what Starwood does with the whole W collection. They sell all of the Heavenly bed and bath stuff from the hotels online! The business or leasiure traveller likes the soft, fluffy bedding or the "larger" shower created by the arched curtain rod.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom