Six Flags Florida, Spring Hill, FL ???

frank2271

Original Poster
Hello all,

I live in a small town in west central Florida, Spring Hill. For the past 8-10 years there has been a rumor that Six Flags is going to build a park here. It has even been in the local paper where the reporter calls Six Flags and they deny it.

Well, last night I was talking to the owner of a local Electrical Contractor that told me that Six Flags is a "go". I said "not that rumor again" and he told me that he has been speaking to the local planning board and they told him that the local governments have given it the green light. He also said that the town has sent notices to residents that live near the property. he didn't know what was on the notices, but he said that they have been sent.

Has anyone else heard this?

SpongeScott

I would think that we would have heard or read something substantial about this from the local media if it was true. I highly doubt this, especially given our country's economic situation right now.

Sir Hiss527

I wouldn't be surprised, and that would be pretty awesome to have Six Flags in Florida. I am just not sure though, cause isn't Six Flags pretty crummy right now? I mean Walt Disney bought Disney World secretley, and bought the property in different company's so nobody figured it out. Who knows?

crazydaveh

The same rumor has been going around the area of Lake City (Interstate 75 and Interstate 10 area) for years. Back in my TV reporter days, I covered the theme parks and in a conversation with Six Flags PR peeps, they said we're not coming to Florida even if the rumors say we are, we're not going down there.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but to compete here, you need money, and Six Flags doesn't have a lot to spend (IMO) right now to build a park from scratch!

BarryH

I've heard the "Six Flags Florida" rumor for a long time. I doubt if we'll ever see a Six Flags in Florida for a few reasons:

- Six Flags is not in the market to build parks from scratch. They have had a tendency to buy existing parks and put the Six Flags brand on it.

- Six Flags has sold a few parks recently and have not shown any interest in buying any new parks.

EPCOT.nut

The same rumor has been going around the area of Lake City (Interstate 75 and Interstate 10 area) for years. Back in my TV reporter days, I covered the theme parks and in a conversation with Six Flags PR peeps, they said we're not coming to Florida even if the rumors say we are, we're not going down there.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but to compete here, you need money, and Six Flags doesn't have a lot to spend (IMO) right now to build a park from scratch!

Really? I work in Lake City on Tuesdays! :lol: I can't imagine anyone choosing there for a Six Flags...! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom