Grand Floridian Gift shop

fizzle75

Original Poster
I desperately(ok, maybe not desperately)need the phone number for the gift shop on the second floor of the GRAND FLORIDIAN that sells sugar scrubs, bath bombs, etc. I am trying to order some items from there but when I call the WDW Mail Order number they can't find the particular items I'm looking for. The lady I spoke with on the phone a few minutes ago put me on hold for fifteen minutes and then finally came back on to tell me that the CONTEMPORARY doesn't carry one of the items and they can't mail me the other because it's a consignment item!:brick:

I just tried calling the GF directly to see if they would give me the phone number for the gift shop(I'm totally drawing a blank as to what the name of the gift shop is)and after another ten minutes of being put on hold she came back on and said she would connect me to the gift shop...but I was connected to WDW Mail Order again!:brick::fork:

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the gift shop I am referring to? Forgive me for being so cryptic but the items in question are a gift for someone who is a fellow member of WDWMagic and I don't want to tip them off...too much.

I'm dying to give more details on the items cuz' I know you fine folks would be able to help me, or at least tell me if you've seen them in the gift shop recently...but I can't risk it. We were just there about four weeks ago and they still had plenty of both items.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.:wave:

-Matt

tigsmom

I believe its called Basin, I'll try to find the contact number. :wave:

EDIT: couldn't find a direct number , but if you call the GF I'm sure they can connect you or give you the number.

407-824-3000

DisneyChik17

Here is the info for the one in DTD. If they don't have it, I'm sure they can connect you to the GF location.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/moreMagicShopListing?id=DTDShopsListingPage[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Downtown Disney® Marketplace 1720 W. Buena Vista Blvd. Bldg. A Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 1-407-827-808[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hours: Fri - Sat 9:30AM - 11:30PM and Sun -Thu 9:30AM – 11:00PM[/FONT]

tigsmom

:lol: Yeah. I was busy looking the phone number up, and didn't think to refresh the thread to see if it was answered. :)

A few people posted while I was looking for the number. :lol:
I love how everyone comes to the rescue!
thumbsup4kk.gif

fizzle75

Original Poster
Thank you guys and gals so much, I knew you'd come through for me! I'm looking at the Basin website right now. Do you think It'll be cheaper to order directly from Basin or from WDW Mail Order? If my memory serves me correctly the prices on the website seem to be about the same as they were at the GF store, does anybody know?

fizzle75

Original Poster
By the way...

I don't think I made this very clear but only one of the items I am looking for is at Basin, the other item was in one of the other gift shops at GF. If there's anybody on right now that has been at GF recently please PM me and I'll ask you if you've seen the other item in the past few days or so. WDW mail order didn't have a clue about the item and basically told me they don't carry the item I described to them. Could it be that an item that I saw just four weeks ago has already been discontinued? The item was displayed very prominently leading me to think it was relatively new and it wasn't a seasonal item.

Crazy4WDW1

Here is a listing of the shops in the GF:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summer Lace, on the first floor, sells Victorian fine gifts such as tapestries and lace, Limoges boxes, and Thymes bath and body collection. Summer Lace also offers a selection of wedding gifts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sandy Cove, first floor, gourmet gifts, fine chocolates and candies, Grand Floridian logo merchandise and sundry items. This shop also sells CDs by musicians who perform at the Grand Floridian, as well as cold beverages and snacks. It also sells and processes media for Disney Digital cameras.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Commander Porter's on the 2nd floor has men's and women's apparel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M. Mouse Mercantile, the character shop for adults and kids, is on the second floor.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney's PhotoPass Kiosk - Next to M. Mouse Mercantile. You can view your Disney's PhotoPass photos here and place orders for them. Open daily 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Read more about PhotoPass HERE.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basin - 2nd floor as you're approaching the doors to go out to the monorail, sells beauty and bath products. (Replaced the Bally store in late 2006.) [/FONT]

You can try calling the hotel's main number: 407-824-3000 and ask them to patch you through to the gift shop that you need.

fizzle75

Original Poster
Here is a listing of the shops in the GF:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summer Lace, on the first floor, sells Victorian fine gifts such as tapestries and lace, Limoges boxes, and Thymes bath and body collection. Summer Lace also offers a selection of wedding gifts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sandy Cove, first floor, gourmet gifts, fine chocolates and candies, Grand Floridian logo merchandise and sundry items. This shop also sells CDs by musicians who perform at the Grand Floridian, as well as cold beverages and snacks. It also sells and processes media for Disney Digital cameras.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Commander Porter's on the 2nd floor has men's and women's apparel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M. Mouse Mercantile, the character shop for adults and kids, is on the second floor.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney's PhotoPass Kiosk - Next to M. Mouse Mercantile. You can view your Disney's PhotoPass photos here and place orders for them. Open daily 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Read more about PhotoPass HERE.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basin - 2nd floor as you're approaching the doors to go out to the monorail, sells beauty and bath products. (Replaced the Bally store in late 2006.) [/FONT]

You can try calling the hotel's main number: 407-824-3000 and ask them to patch you through to the gift shop that you need.[/quote]

Already tried that, they just patch me through to WDW Mail order instead.

Thanks so much for the info though!:wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

Do you think It'll be cheaper to order directly from Basin or from WDW Mail Order?

I don't know if WDW Mail Order even includes Basin, since it is independently operated. I know my mom left her bag in the DTD location and they mailed it to her - Basin, not WDW. You may have to order each separately.

FWIW, I've been ordering from Basin online since 2002 (before there was one in WDW. I discovered it in DL), and their shipping is very efficient. Also, you usually get several samples of different soaps, which is a nice treat.

To go OT for a second, I was upset to see that they no longer have the fresh facial masks in the coolers at Basin. I would pick up one of the facials and a bath bomb and take a nice soak on my final night of my trip to relax and wind down before going home. Bring back the masks!

Rob562

Another suggestion when trying to call somewhere on WDW property. Rather than calling the GF Front Desk or WDW Mail Order, call the Main Switchboard at 407-824-2222. They can connect you to anywhere on WDW property. (I highly suggest you program this number into your cell phone right now.) :)

It's especially useful while you're in WDW, as the Main Switchboard is a fountain of information. They have access to a ton of information and can tell you park hours, show and parade times, etc.
Also note that this is where your call goes when you dial "0" (zero) on your room phone or a House Phone in the public areas of a WDW resort.

My friends and I were having pizza on the Boardwalk, and were wondering what movies were playing at the DD AMC Theater. We walked into the lobby, dialed 0, and they connected us to the AMC info line.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom