Snack tip, Dole Whips. The real deal....

NoVa Mom

Original Poster
Ok so here's my 2 cents... I have read about the Pineapple floats and the Dole Whips for 2 years on these boards and I left Nov 16th w/ one goal in mind...try one! So we go to MK and head for Adventure land and we come to Aloha Isle! So there is no line so I walk over and order a pineapple float w/ pineapple ice cream. Yum, right? NO--it was way too sweet and too much pineapple:hurl:!!! So here's the deal, my MIL ordered a pineapple float w/ VANILLA ice cream and it was much better! More mild and actually very good! So for those of you on that mission that's my tip! Enjoy! :slurp:

primetime52

Ok so here's my 2 cents... I have read about the Pineapple floats and the Dole Whips for 2 years on these boards and I left Nov 16th w/ one goal in mind...try one! So we go to MK and head for Adventure land and we come to Aloha Isle! So there is no line so I walk over and order a pineapple float w/ pineapple ice cream. Yum, right? NO--it was way too sweet and too much pineapple:hurl:!!! So here's the deal, my MIL ordered a pineapple float w/ VANILLA ice cream and it was much better! More mild and actually very good! So for those of you on that mission that's my tip! Enjoy! :slurp:

I don't like floats, period. I am a dole whip purist and only order the original (just the soft serve pineapple ice cream with no juice anywhere.) Just the mere thought of pineapple ice cream floating on top of pineapple juice makes me break out in cavities and raises my blood sugar to dangerous levels.

Thus, I half agree with you. I agree that the pineapple float is a bad idea.... but I highly recommend the original dole whip over the vanilla float.

DisneyGigi

I don't like floats, period. I am a dole whip purist and only order the original (just the soft serve pineapple ice cream with no juice anywhere.) Just the mere thought of pineapple ice cream floating on top of pineapple juice makes me break out in cavities and raises my blood sugar to dangerous levels.

Thus, I half agree with you. I agree that the pineapple float is a bad idea.... but I highly recommend the original dole whip over the vanilla float.

I agree with you. I don't like the Floats but I love, love, love the original whips! :slurp:

u71076

Dole whip & floats

The best thing about the Dole whip treats is that they are Dairy/Lactose free desert items.:sohappy:

tiaragirl

Both are amazing in my opinion! I bet the float would be very good with vanilla ice cream as well.. wish I had one to try right now!

redfox5

Maybe becuase I'm English....?

I've been reading about these things, they are recommened in most of the guide books but just what is a floats and a Dole Whip? I've never heard of them before. :shrug:

harveyt0206

I actually like the vanilla pineapple float better than the dole whip float as well. The vanilla pineapple float is actually one of my favorite snack items. During my last trip Sunshine Terrace was closed, which is where the vanilla floats are sold. I was so sad. :(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've been reading about these things, they are recommened in most of the guide books but just what is a floats and a Dole Whip? I've never heard of them before. :shrug:
Dole whip is a pineapple soft serve ice cream. A Dole whip float puts the soft serve on top of pineapple juice.

It is a wonderful treat.:slurp:

PineapplePrincess

I tried the float with a pineapple/vanilla twist once, and didn't like it as much as just pineapple. But some people like it that way. Just another option.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The Pineapple Float is the stuff dreams are made of... All throughout my pregnancy, I craved it more than anything else on the planet. Since I couldn't get to Aloha Aisle for my fix, I downed about a gallon of fat free pineapple sherbert every week. :lol:

yensid67

The Pineapple Float is the stuff dreams are made of... All throughout my pregnancy, I craved it more than anything else on the planet. Since I couldn't get to Aloha Aisle for my fix, I downed about a gallon of fat free pineapple sherbert every week. :lol:

"If Pineapple Floats are what dreams are made of..." then Disney Imagineers must have them everyday for Breakfast. Lunch and Dinner!:ROFLOL:

Juste to add my cent worth...I always got the vanilla twist no pineapple just plain ole Vanilla! :p I know know let the bantering begin!

chase!

The first time I tried the float it was right outside the Tiki Room exit. It was the vanilla soft serve in pineapple juice, which I loved. Then I heard of the Dole Whip, so on my next trip I tried it. Not as good. It's too much of the same flavor. I liked the vanilla because it added some contrast.

To each to their own though. :)

tigsmom

Dole whip is a pineapple soft serve ice cream. A Dole whip float puts the soft serve on top of pineapple juice.

It is a wonderful treat.:slurp:

Not quite. It's a frozen NON DAIRY, lactose free low carb treat. Though I love pineapple, the float is too much for me.

Fizzment

Mmm.. Dole Whips. Now I really want one. I always go with the vanilla/pineapple swirl. Just the ice cream, no float. The vanilla and pineapple are a great contrast to each other so it isn't an overwhelming helping of any one flavor. The orange/vanilla swirl is awesome too. It tastes like a Creamsicle in awesome soft-serve-ish form.

Mikester71

FINALLY tried one last March on our third trip after reading about them all the time on here and I have to say I wasn't disappointed! :slurp: My wife wasn't too crazy for them though, and the funny thing is she loves pineapple and I am not a big fan of it at all. Go figure! :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom