How long is the Candlelight Processional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
hello there everyone

does anyone know how long the candlelight processional actually is? i made reservations at le chefs de france and have the upper tier seats but was thinking, if i still have to wait on line for about 45mins to an hour and then the processional is an hour, that is 2 hours or more that i am missing in the parks

thanks

dixiepixie

I'd like to know how long also. We are planning to go to the 5pm show on 11/23. And want to be able to go over to MK after. Will we need to line up by 3pm for the 5pm show? (read that somewhere) Or if we are in line by 4pm would that be ok, we def. want to do it and have planned our day so that if we need to be in line for awhile it will be ok. Since it's our last day we really want to get to see the 5pm CP so we can still have some time at MK....thanks!

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

hello there everyone

does anyone know how long the candlelight processional actually is? i made reservations at le chefs de france and have the upper tier seats but was thinking, if i still have to wait on line for about 45mins to an hour and then the processional is an hour, that is 2 hours or more that i am missing in the parks

thanks
Could you clarify whether or not you have the dining package? If you do, you are guaranteed seating at the show. Therefore, getting there early isn't quite as vital (though I'd still get there 45 mins early, minimum). I don't believe there is any distinction between package tiers once you arrive at the theater. All package Guests are seated within the front half of the theater.

As for the time invested, I can guarantee that it is well worth it. I had the opportunity to be a part of the Candlelight Processional Cast Chior last year, and it was truly the highlight of the Christmas season for me. The music is beautiful and the narration is inspiring. Most of the narrators really get into the spirit of the show and do an excellent job. You won't regret the time spent on the Processional.

For those without the dinner package, be advised that the 8:15 show is usually significantly less crowded than the two previous shows. Early in the season, there were sometimes even empty seats for the 8:15. At this time, many people are already thinking about taking up positions for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. It is possible to see the 8:15 show and get a decent spot for Illuminations afterward. I'd routinely sing at the 8:15 show, go backstage, change, go back onstage and be able to arrive at the Japan courtyard just as Illuminations was starting and get a decent view.

For all showtimes without the dinner package, arrive at the America Gardens Theater 1 hour minimum prior to showtime.

Upvote 0

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
Original Poster
candlelight processional

yes, we have the top tier dinner package at the chefs de france

i am not religious at all and have been watching the processional on youtube and not very impressed so i am thinking of canceling our reservations and not going to the show at all

is the majority of music religous songs or holiday songs? do they sing and play music from other countries or is it just the same standard american songs?

i may wind up keeping the reservations and hand over our tickets to someone on the line as a "magical suprise"

Upvote 0

Chape19714

It's a wonderful show, and although it does re-tell the nativity story, and many of the songs are religious, the show itself is wonderful. The choir sings songs from many countries including France, Mexico, and Germany. Many of the songs you will recognize from American Christmastime, but many you may not, such as "They rejoiced with Exceeding Great Joy". It's a wonderful show that's been raved about since it's inception at Disneyland, California. It is a Disney holdiay tradition. Even though the show's story does revolve around a certain religion, that's no reason to cancel, just go and enjoy the show. I am religious either and love the show.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
yes, we have the top tier dinner package at the chefs de france

i am not religious at all and have been watching the processional on youtube and not very impressed so i am thinking of canceling our reservations and not going to the show at all

is the majority of music religous songs or holiday songs? do they sing and play music from other countries or is it just the same standard american songs?

i may wind up keeping the reservations and hand over our tickets to someone on the line as a "magical suprise"

If you do not like a strong Catholic/Christian message and associated religious based music, you would do well to bypass. The entire theme is the Christmas Story with supporting music. You will not hear Silver Bells and White Christmas in this show. If you are looking for that, spend your time and money on MVMCP or Osborne Lights.

With that said, it is a beautiful show, outstanding orchestral and vocal performances and a stunning visual presentation. I always take in multiple presentations each visit and never get tired of it.

Upvote 0

dixiepixie

The show runs about 30-40 minutes long. You should line up AT LEAST 1 Hour before showtime.
Thank you for the help! We do not have the dining package and will keep the plan to be there to line up by 3 for the 5pm. See how things look then and play it by ear.
I am really excited about getting to do this this year. Do you think that it will be very crowded for the 5pm show on 11/23, since this is the very first showing I was wondering.
.......Hey, clemsontigger....how 'bout them TIGERS yesterday! WHOOOHOO! I was there at the game to see them beat Wake Forest. I'm a BIG Clemson fan, my DD was on the field cheering with the Rally Cats at half-time. On to next week and let's get BC! C-L-E-M-S-O---N!!!!

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

The Show runs 45 minutes in length. You should plan on arriving 60 minutes prior to showtime if you having the Dining package.

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

So I just realized that I never answered the OP's actual question. The length can actually vary quite a bit, from just under 45 minutes up to an hour. It depends on the conductor. There are three primary conductors, plus several guest conductors from orchestras and universities from all over the country. Generally, two conductors are used per night: one for the first show and one for the second two. In my experience, the guest conductors tended to take things much, much slower than the main conductors.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Please recognize that this is a Disney site and not a religious chat site. I responded to you without preaching as to any details. .

Hopefully you've gotten the information you need as to whether or not to attend the presentation.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I love the Candlelight Processional it's such a beautiful show. With the dinner packages please keep in mind that you do not get in line with the other non dinner package attendees. You have a separate line which will get you in much faster without the long wait. When I went we had excellent seats. It's a great way to celebrate the Holidays. Enjoy!

Pam

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I love the Candlelight Processional it's such a beautiful show. With the dinner packages please keep in mind that you do not get in line with the other non dinner package attendees. You have a separate line which will get you in much faster without the long wait. When I went we had excellent seats. It's a great way to celebrate the Holidays. Enjoy!

Pam

:wave: Evening Pam!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

It is a beautiful show. I think that even if you are not very religious you will enjoy it and appreciate it. It seemed to be very straight forward Christianity to me.....straight from the Bible. While practicing Christians may find a deeper meaning in the show because of their faith, I still think non-Christians or non-religious people can enjoy the show, unless they feel uncomfortable with the Christian faith. While the songs are religious, most are still very common songs heard on the radio and tv during the holiday season.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom