The Most *Magical* Anniversary Trip!

This is going to be a long trip report ~so be ye warned~ :D It was a 10 day trip. I will post it by days with pictures to break it down a little. (I took over 1400 photos, don't worry I won't post them all..:ROFLOL:

First of all, as many of you know this trip was for our 15th Anniversary. I had no idea how even more magical Disney can make a special event like this. I
was blown away by the many Happy Anniversaries from Cast Members and even characters that noticed our buttons. Not to metion the many special things. (A big Thank you to any and all CMs that may read this... you guys were all great! :wave:)
Words simply cannot describe this trip, but I will try and I think that the pictures will speak for me.

This trip was also our first ever onsite stay and we will never ever stay offisite again!

Day 1 ... (not as much to tell here since we did not go to the parks this day)
This was the day that we drove down. We started at 4:00 am. :snore: We only made quick stops to eat and rest breaks.
We arrived in Oralndo to a pretty big thunderstorm so the pictures I took are not that great on this day.

Going through that sign I love so much...

100_0910.jpg

Our arrival at All Star Sports ...
100_0915.jpg

I loved the Mickey on the bed!!

100_0916.jpg

After we got settled we wandered around the resort and then headed to DD to shop and eat at Fulton's Crab House. The food was good but a bit overpriced IMO but the service was great.
We went back to the resort to rest as we were all tired from the long drive down.

Stay tuned for Day 2.. our First day at the parks...

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Day 2 Magic Kingdom!!

We arrived early at the Magic Kingdom in time for the opening show. We were sprinkled with Pixie Dust for our Anniversary just before the show.

100_0944.jpg

As we were walking in, we follwed the Mad Hatter and Alice down Main Street. I had never seen this before and thought it was so cute, The Mad Hatter was holding a map and asking CM how to get to the Tea cups.

100_0947.jpg

We made a mad dash to get in line for Splash Mountain, which was great we walked right on and got a front seat.
Here I am after the ride..
100_0950.jpg

I think we rode it about 3 times before moving on soaking wet to Pirates and then BTMR where we just missed Dream Fast Pass giveaway, we were the last four to exit before they gave them away. We then worked our way around through Frontierland and made the loop through Fantasyland where one of my faves Philharmagic is .. we did it twice this day, I think ..:confused: Then it was off to Tomorrowland where we ate at Cosmic Ray's. We used the dining plan for the first time and it was great (free too, which made it even better)

Space Mountain was next, of course! As well as everything else in Tomorrowland..
We really enjoyed Laugh Floor it was really a cute show, the kids loved it!

The crowds were great until about 1:00 and then it became pretty crowded but it was the only day out of our whole trip that we had to wait long for the rides.

Next we caught the Castle show and had a really great spot for taking pictures.
Here a a few of my favorite ones:
100_1000.jpg

100_1022.jpg

100_1024.jpg

More of Day 2 Magic Kingdom to follow....

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
:sohappy:
I can't wait to see more!
Congrats!

Thank you!! :)
Yay! :sohappy: So glad you had a great trip! The report is great so far... keep it coming!

Thank you, it really was our best trip ever! :)

Back to the trip...
We headed back to Adventureland for our fave snack...
100_1676.jpg

and we stopped for a quick pic with Peter Pan & Wendy

We ate at Tony's for dinner, which was nice, we knew that we didn't really care for the pasta so we stuck to the steak and it was good. Loved the deserts! :slurp:

100_1043.jpg

DD took a pic of her ice cream, she just loved the Mickey sprinkles
100_1047.jpg

After we ate we wandered around for a bit and then staked out a spot for SpectroMagic, which was great but none of my pictures turned out.. I am not very good at the night pictures especially when trying to watch too.
We ducked out before Wishes and went back to the resort.
Oops! forgot to add the pics before Spectro...
100_1062.jpg

And that wraps up DAY 2 (the short version)

Disney-MGM Studios and DAY 3 coming up shortly...

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Moving on to Day 3 Disney-MGM Studios

The first thing that we did here was head towards Rockin' Roller Coaster while it was still open. We rode it 5-6 times.
Snapped this on the way in
100_1100.jpg

Then everybody but me (I am terrified of it, rode it once last trip) headed to TOT
100_1092.jpg

Tried to take as many MGM signs as I could
here are a couple...
100_1785.jpg

100_1797.jpg

We ate as is our tradition at Pizza Planet for lunch and played some games.
100_1112.jpg

100_1111.jpg

We then saw Muppet Vision and headed to Star Tours...
after that we did a few characters... Jafar was great he kissed my hand after the picture
100_1787.jpg

We caught the HSM Pep Rally and then later the parade, hit TOT and RNRC a few more times and then it was time to eat.
which was at Hollywood & Vine.
We didn't stay for Fantasmic on this day, because we were not done with dinner in time.

Day 4 EPCOT next....

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Yay She! So glad to hear you had a great time. Can't wait to read more! :sohappy:
Thank you Nibbs! It just kept getting better everyday, until I had to leave that it is :cry:

I will start Day 4
EPCOT-
I never thought that I cared if the wand was there or not until I saw it without again, it looks much better.

100_1871.jpg

We then took in the sights, including the walls up around SSE as we walked to MS.
I rode the green side while everyone else opted for orange :hurl:
100_1183.jpg

more EPCOT and day four after dinner...

mouselvrmom

It made me smile to hear you say this was your best trip ever. It reminds me of our best trip ever!

I love photo trip reports! Keep them coming!

mpoppins76

Lovin the TR so far, She!!! Your pics from the castle show were wonderful!!!!
100_1787.jpg

We caught the HSM Pep Rally and then later the parade, hit TOT and RNRC a few more times and then it was time to eat.
which was at Hollywood & Vine.
We didn't stay for Fantasmic on this day, because we were not done with dinner in time.

Day 4 EPCOT next....
LOOOOVE DD's hat!!!! :sohappy:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thank you guys! I am so glad you are enjoying it! Much more to come...

On with day four EPCOT...
After Mission Space we rode Test Track and I caught this cute Hidden Mickey in line.
100_1189.jpg

Then we were off to Soarin which we had gotten fast passes for, it was much less of a standby wait than when we went in March (90 minutes)
at 30 minutes. We all loved it just as we did the last trip.
100_1178.jpg

Then we were off for a very hot tour around the world..
100_1197-1.jpg

We were all hot and DD & I (the character lovers) were ready to do some meet & greets...
A few of my faves:
Givin Mickey a kiss
DisneyPhotoImage86.jpg

100_1205.jpg

Bein' goofy with Goofy
DisneyPhotoImage67.jpg

After this, the kids wanted to head over to MK to cool off on Splash so we hopped the monorail for a few hours. I will stop for now and continue tomorrow with MK day four pics.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Lovin the TR so far, She!!! Your pics from the castle show were wonderful!!!!

LOOOOVE DD's hat!!!! :sohappy:
Thank you!
She had a ball with this hat, alot of the characters wore it, I will post pics, Chip and Dale loved it and Dale is her most fave in the world so she was thrilled! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Continuing Day four heading to MK...
So we hopped the monorail and got a seat in the nose, which was so neat we had never ridden there before and yay we got our co-pilot license!
Here are a couple of pics, including our very nice driver that allowed me to snap his pic.

100_1875.jpg

100_1880.jpg

(sorry these pics are all so large, I have no idea how to change the size :hammer:

Then once we got to MK of course we all headed to Splash for a few rides

100_1217.jpg

and hit Pirates again

100_1661.jpg

we grabbed another Dole Whip, I lost count of how many we had during this trip... thankfully I think we walked them off..:lookaroun

We did all our favorites again including Space and also did The Tiki Room which we had never done.

100_1660.jpg

We caught the COP which DS loved and actually wanted to do again and then we headed out because we had a very early day planned the next day starting things off at Chef Mickey's !!
Day 5 coming up...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom