Adding the dining plan

amandagibbins

Original Poster
Hi we will be using our points for the first time in a years time and im looking into all of the options and one im interesting in knowing more about is the price of disney dining and how much it costs and how to go about getting it do i ring the DVC people?

And is it worth it as there will be three adults one five almost six year old and an 11 month old??

disneyfan56

Yes you can be on the Dining plan with DVC. All you have to do is let member services know BEFORE you arrive. Also all members of your party have to get it and for the entire length of your stay. It's $38.99(I don't think it's increased) per day per adult. Children are less, but not sure of the price. Go to Allears.net for more infor.

The price for next year has gone down one dollar per adult, but appetizers and gratuities are no longer included with the table service meal.

That makes a big difference in the total cost of the plan.

mouselvrmom

It is a bummer about the changes in the plan for next year. I would have to think long and hard about adding it next year. However, the one positive it still has going for it, is that it was sooo nice to be able to know your meals were already taken care of before your trip.

DisneyJoe

The appetizer IS included in the Deluxe Dining plan, but the gratuity is not.

That costs $69.95 per night for ages 10+, $19.95 per night for ages 3-9.

I assume DVC members will be able to add that on too.

I couldn't imagine purchasing the Deluxe Dining Plan. We've had the regular plan for the last two years and wound up bringing home lots of food!

I am going to sit down and estimate what we saved with the plan this year before I make my final decision for next year's trip, but I don't think the new dining plan is any bargain.

CSUFSteve

Yeah, I am doing DDP for the 1st time for this Epcot 25th anniv trip. I doubt I will ever do it again. As someone mentioned, I wouldn't normally buy an appetizer or dessert, and I normally have two meals a day, both table service. Remember also that DDP is for the number of NIGHTS you are staying, NOT the number of days. So if you are there literally, for example, 6 nights and 7 full days, then you're SOL on the 7th day. Disney counts on most people flying in late / flying out early so that you don't need that day. But I always tend to maximize my WDW time.

So why did I do it then? Just to try it out and see how it works out in practice. Plus I didn't renew my AP this year since I won't be going back until Nov next year. With the task of maximization of TS / QS / Snack points though, I'm pretty sure I'll stick to DDE.

Considering the DVC discount we get on AP's and the relatively marginal cost of DDE (20% off basically all restaurants plus alcohol), the DDE is both more convenient for me and, I suspect, more cost effective over the life on my AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom