Love Bugs:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Hello we are heading to Disney World Sept 21-30 and heard this is a bad time for love bugs was wondering if anybody had a bad experience with love bugs at Disney World:shrug::shrug:

jiddng

Hello we are heading to Disney World Sept 21-30 and heard this is a bad time for love bugs was wondering if anybody had a bad experience with love bugs at Disney World:shrug::shrug:

I've been there in May, the other time of the year when they're bad. I saw them the most at AK - I guess it's because of all the greenery. Saw them the least at MGM.

Spoke to a CM at E:E who was also a "bug-expert" (entomologist??). She said they're just a nuisance, and that whatever u do, don't kill them. Their other nickname is "stink bug" and will leave an unpleasant odor where they were smushed....

Jesùs_Carioca

Haha, a mmmaaaaAAAAD WICKED mess on your windshields and bumpers, but other than that...it is not as if the little guys will hurt at all or ruin greatly your experience.

MissM

May and September. Those are the months they flood Florida.

If you're in your own car, make sure to clean the bugs off EVERY DAY. Left for more than 24 hours they bond to the paint and damage the finish. They become impossible to get off.

They don't bite or anything. They're just annoying.
-m

I3olTz

hahha i was just there june 1st-4th.........SO....MANY.....LOVEBUGS!!!! they were everywhere, i must of killed like 10,000, they dont stink as far as i know, they were everywhere on the backlot tour at MGM.

The Mom

Premium Member
I was able to find (at Big Lots) packages of bug & tar wipes, similar to baby wipes. They come in resealable packages of 25; just leave them in your car and wipe down the front daily. Not perfect, but better than just leaving the bugs there, and easier than going through a carwash every day.

Many Floridians have a cover for their front grill that protects it from the bugs.

I am leaving for WDW on Friday. We are driving our own vehicle from PA. Are the love bugs still there or are they gone? I used to live in Fernandina Beach, FL about 12 years ago and remember cleaning my car off every night. I'd LOVE to live in Florida again! I'd trade the love bugs for no snow and cold weather if I could!

Craig & Lisa

Have been there 15 times thru the years and am going again at the end of June. How are they then, and does anybody have a picture of what they look like? Would really like to know what to look for.

The Mom

Premium Member
I am leaving for WDW on Friday. We are driving our own vehicle from PA. Are the love bugs still there or are they gone? I used to live in Fernandina Beach, FL about 12 years ago and remember cleaning my car off every night. I'd LOVE to live in Florida again! I'd trade the love bugs for no snow and cold weather if I could!

They're still around, but not too bad here in NE FL. I just spent a week in Fernadina....you wouldn't believe how much construction has gone on between 95 & town, and also along Summer Beach. My relatives haven't been there in 3 years, and they were all amazed. I go every year, so wasn't as shocked; but there are still shopping centers that weren't there last summer.

Sorry...thread drift over. :lol:

The Mom

Premium Member
Have been there 15 times thru the years and am going again at the end of June. How are they then, and does anybody have a picture of what they look like? Would really like to know what to look for.

They will most likely be gone by the end of June.

SallyShine

Late last September it was like a science fiction movie! They were everywhere. I was waiting for the boat at the Swan and there were piles of them in the corners. Ick! It's true that they don't bite and it's also true that they smell if you squish them.

cmor42180

they are the most annoying, worthless thing in the world! when theya re out completely they can just drive you crazy, i know last september when we were there it kepy us away from the pool, and when you get pictures taken youll notice little black spots on your clothes.....its them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom