Yak and Yeti

elabron

Original Poster
Can someone please explain how a full-service restaurant in AKL will work..........especially for dinner, seeing as how AKL closes at 5PM?

Are the only nights they'll serve dinner on EMH nights?:shrug:

Just wondering

ThinkTink721

Can someone please explain how a full-service restaurant in AKL will work..........especially for dinner, seeing as how AKL closes at 5PM?

Are the only nights they'll serve dinner on EMH nights?:shrug:

Just wondering
I never though about that...is Yak & Yeti scheduled to serve dinner?
If so, maybe it will remain open a couple of hours after the park closes.:shrug:
:wave:

Vernonpush

When we were there at the beginning of May and the park closed at 6:00 pm, we tried to get an early dinner at Pizzafari. We walked in at 5:05 and they told us they were closed. Unless they eventually extend park hours, my guess would be that they only will be serving lunch.:shrug:

JML42691

When we were there at the beginning of May and the park closed at 6:00 pm, we tried to get an early dinner at Pizzafari. We walked in at 5:05 and they told us they were closed. Unless they eventually extend park hours, my guess would be that they only will be serving lunch.:shrug:
If you think about it, eventually this park will extend its operating hours into the evening. With another ride or two this could happen. And if an actual land were to be built on the beastly kingdom plot rather than the temporary Camp-Minnie Mickey then the park would have to extend its operating hours into the night. If they were to do this then they would probably have to offer a show at night, something that I will always want (even something like Fantasmic but in an animal sense.)

teebin

I agree that they are working towards keeping the park open later... what a challenge: animals in the dark. Was the plan for the original AK but was totally abandond.

ThinkTink721

I agree that they are working towards keeping the park open later... what a challenge: animals in the dark. Was the plan for the original AK but was totally abandond.
I guess they could vary the park's closing times w/ daylight savings time.
In short, they could close just before it gets dark.
:confused: :wave:

JML42691

They could also shut down the Safari and animal walk throughs at sunset and have the rest of the park close 1-3 hours after that: i.e. sunset 6:15, park cose @ 8:30 w/ show; sunset 8:15, park close @ 9:30 w/ show. They could easily close down the safari before park closing (they do already) along with the animal walk throughs and just keep the rides open. This would be tough to do now because there are not enough rides and the crowds are too thin around 4:00 until closing.

primetime52

I was just at WDW over the weekend and im pretty sure AK was staying open until 8pm. I don't know if that was just part of EMH or something. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see them consistently extend the hours soon, otherwise a table service restaurant seems pretty pointless.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As has been said above, its a common misconception that AK always closes at 5pm. It operates until 8pm quite often now, and then during EMH until 11pm.

primetime52

As has been said above, its a common misconception that AK always closes at 5pm. It operates until 8pm quite often now, and then during EMH until 11pm.

Do the safaris run at night? Seems like that's one attraction that would lose alot of appeal after dark since it would be almost impossible to see any animals.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do the safaris run at night? Seems like that's one attraction that would lose alot of appeal after dark since it would be almost impossible to see any animals.

Unfortuantely not since late 1999. They ran a special night version with 2 drivers and search lights. It was a great edition, I wish it would return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom