Hand and Wand to come down?

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, with all due respect.... if someone is in a high enough position to actually design and implement it in the park... i hope him/her has enough backbone not to get their feelings hurt by some people opposing of it.

Oh, I know. And I don't mean to speak for anyone else. I just know that if something I was involved with designing and building was taking that kind of abuse...it'd get on my nerves something fierce after a while.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Oh, I know. And I don't mean to speak for anyone else. I just know that if something I was involved with designing and building was taking that kind of abuse...it'd get on my nerves something fierce after a while.
true, and i respect you looking out for others. we will just leave it at that. enuff said :wave:

WDWFREAK53

LEE DESIGNED THE WAND!!!!

GET HIM!!!!! :lol: jk.

Tim G

I was just in Orlando last weekend tying up some loose ends before I move down there, and I had a chance to visit the parks. Well...while leaving Epcot on Saturday, I spoke to a security cm who informed me that in the next few weeks, the hand and wand would be coming down. He didn't say for how long, but hey...its a rumor.

p.s. before anyone says ANYTHING about how I shouldn't listen to everything castmembers say, keep in mind I am a CM, and sometimes late shift security are usually the ones you can believe.We'll see though...A guy can hope right?

I always listen very well to Castmembers, Busdrivers and people who know Imagineers... :lookaroun

Shaman

News to me.
Last I heard it was staying.

And folks...don't be mean in comments about the wand. Could very well be that someone who worked very hard on it's design and construction may be listening. Just talking courtesy here.....:wave:

Corrus? :lookaroun:eek:

This is absolutely amazing....all these posts based on some idiotic comment by a know-nothing security person.

When are people going to learn that frontline CM's...and that includes security don't find out anything until just before it happens. Even if this was true, it's unlikely that any security officer would have been told about until the day it was happening.

Well this is the News and RUMOR section of the forums....emphasis on the word rumor, not to be confused with fact. :shrug:

LEE DESIGNED THE WAND!!!!

GET HIM!!!!! :lol: jk.

:ROFLOL:
Can we sing the "Kill the Beast" song from Beauty and the Beast as we march after Lee with pitchforks and torches? :lookaroun

I always listen very well to Castmembers, Busdrivers and people who know Imagineers... :lookaroun

I only listen to monorail drivers. :D
:lookaroun

8<:-)

News to me.
Last I heard it was staying.

And folks...don't be mean in comments about the wand. Could very well be that someone who worked very hard on it's design and construction may be listening. Just talking courtesy here.....:wave:

We love the wand! :wave:

(runs off to hide in shadows)

-thedisneycast

CBOMB

The Wand is classic Disney. I think that's the reason it was put there, so the average guest could identify Epcot with a Disney theme park. It is my opinion that the vast majority of people coming to WDW don't have a clue about what E.P.C.O.T. Center use to be about or Mr. Disney's original concept for E.P.C.O.T.. The average guest doen't take a vacation to WDW to be educated, they want to be entertained. When they go to Epcot they want to know they are in a Disney park, thus all the characters there now. Epcot has always been my favorite park, and the Wand being there didn't change my opinion of it. I've liked it from the moment it went up. It's also my opinion that it's not going anywhere soon.

hauntdmansion79

No matter what happens to the wand, it will not quickly be forgotten because that darn thing has become a living legend on these boards. You know what they say...good press or bad press, at least it's getting attention.

We'll now for sure the day Scott Jensen posts the first picture of the wand coming down....I always count on him to give us visual proof. :)

hauntdmansion79

Who's Scott Jensen?

I believe he runs the following web site, which features TONS of videos of Disney attractions. He has posted many pictures and videos on forums. For example, I think he was one of the first to post a Everest video on this site.

www.bigfloridacountry.com

I hope he doesn't mind me name dropping, but I've subscribed to his site and have enjoyed and appreciated all the effort he puts forth to inform us of new things at WDW.:wave:

SJFPKT

What I think is funny is the fact that you can have mutiple threads on the Wand with a CM saying it is coming down or a grocery store clerk who knows this person and that about it coming down and it is allowed to go on but if you mention a park in another state and link a newspaper article thus the "news" part of this forum it get locked out.

*note: I did not start the other said threads just mentioning the bias of the moderators*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom