Will There Be a Possible RCT4?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
When do you guys think they might release a Roller Coaster Tycoon 4, or at least another expansion?

It's been a long time since they released a new game and the old Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 website is never updated (The only annouced Roller Coaster Tycoon: Wild in November 2006, long after the game was released.)

I would love another version of the game. If you think about it, RCT3 has already followed the pattern of the release of the game, followed by two sequels.

But then I head that the creater of Roller Coaster Tycoon is now having a lawsuit against Atari.

Has anyone heard any rumors about a new game or what is happening with the franchise?

I would love if they teamed up with Disney to come out with a game. That would make my day! :D

cmatt

the new format as it where for rct3 was dreadful - prefer 1 and 2 personally :)

i hope they go back to their roots!

D

disneyrocks55

no, i emailed them about that and they said theres no more rct3s or rct4..But he might be wrong but i dout it.

rjs_252

Rct4

I too emailed Atari a few days ago to ask whether there would be a RCT4 and they told me what they told disneyrocks55 - no new RCT3 expandsion and no plans for a RCT4. As people have said, the popularity of the series has decreased with the third installment (no doubt due to the big graphic requirements) and at the end of the day, all they're interested in is cash.

A game with Disney Parks and rides would be out of this world, though.

Maybe someone else will come up with a similar game?

bauton

Disney did try their version of the game, but it was no where near as good as RCT, imho. It had a lot of potential though. You would think Atari would be willing to sell the software to Disney, and then Disney could tweak it to their specifics?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Disney did try their version of the game, but it was no where near as good as RCT, imho. It had a lot of potential though. You would think Atari would be willing to sell the software to Disney, and then Disney could tweak it to their specifics?

If you are referring to Disney Coaster, I liked that game. But that game was really just creating a roller coaster, not managing a park.

I wish they could come out with another version of that game, or something like Roller Coaster Tycoon. I mean, they did come out with a Sea World Tycoon.

It's ashame if there really won't be a RCT4. I loved those games. Maybe they'll reconsider, or are just lying to use if Atari wants to keep their new game a secret. :shrug:

Spring Breeze

they did come out with a Sea World Tycoon.

Which was very boring.

it is pretty sad that they are not going to continue much of RCT. the least they could do is give us another expansion. although RCT3 does require a large GC,People buy it anywho

ToTBellHop

All Atari is saying is that there are no plans for RCT4 or any more RCT3 expansion packs at this time. Of course that's the case since there is a lawsuit involving the RCT series now (was Chris Sawyer the guy's name?), so they aren't in a position to be working on anything. Doesn't mean there won't ever be an RCT4.

JML42691

All Atari is saying is that there are no plans for RCT4 or any more RCT3 expansion packs at this time. Of course that's the case since there is a lawsuit involving the RCT series now (was Chris Sawyer the guy's name?), so they aren't in a position to be working on anything. Doesn't mean there won't ever be an RCT4.
Do you or does anybody else know what the lawsuit is about??

Pioneer Hall

I also liked 1 and 2 much more than 3. Trying to build things and manage the views on three became annoying. Although it will never happen, a game similar to RCT2 in Disney form would be amazing.

Kingdom WDW

I also prefer 1 and 2. RCT3, I believe, is dreadful. But I agree with Darth in that Chris Sawyer should side with Disney, but I think that the contract with Six Flags and RCT will not allow another partnership with another company.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I don't know. That contract with Six Flag was for RCT2. Then they partnered with Hershy's Theme Park for RCT3. So I could see them doing a Disney partnership.

I'm surprised nothing has come out of this after all this time. These games were so popular. You would think either Chris Sawyer or Atari would try to do something new with the franchise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom