Where to find good coffee??

3fordisney

We are going down in April with my in-laws. My father in-law is big on coffee. My husband and I are not really coffee drinkers. It has to be pretty cold for me to drink it. We know he can get it at Pop Century in his refillable mug. Does anyone know where he could find some, perhaps at the parks?

Thanks for your help. He asked us about it and I couldn't even think of where he could get any:confused: . Your help is appreciated!!

DisneyChik17

allearsnet.com Anita Answer! said:
John writes:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On our last trip to Walt Disney World we had a discussion with other couples about the coffee. I was told that the coffee in the food courts is instant coffee, even though it is in the big coffee makers. I would also like to know if all the coffee used in Disney is instant since Nescafe is a sponsor at Disney. A lot of people we talked to don't like the coffee in the World.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi John![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have to admit, I do not go to the World for its coffee, which is usually not-so-good. ;-) The food court coffee is indeed a liquid concentrate that has hot water added to it. It's pretty lame as coffee goes.

The good news is that not all coffee at the World is made from this stuff. Many of the restaurants at the Disney-MGM Studios use fresh beans for their coffee beverages because so many guests have complained about the nasty Nescafe. Some, but not all, hotels have also changed over to ground bean coffee.The coffee carts around Epcot are usually pretty good, as well as the one outside of Animal Kingdom.

Boma, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, serves a wonderful Kenyan coffee in a French-press pot. The Kona Island coffee bar on the second floor of the Polynesian Resort serves wonderful coffee (if you can catch it when it's open!) and the Swan and Dolphin hotels serve Starbucks. You can even get Starbucks to go at Tubbi's, on the lower floor of the Dolphin. They don't serve any of the fancier Starbucks concoctions, only hi-test and decaffeinated. But, hey, it's better than nothing!
[/FONT]

Hope this helps!! I would suggest maybe bringing a small coffee maker and some coffee grounds, just so he won't be disappointed. I know some people can be quite grumpy until they get their coffee. BTW, We are going down at the exact same time as you, staying at the POP, and from Alabama! it's a small world!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Try the Kona coffee at the Polynesian, I don't drink coffee, but I know my DH just loves it.
He also liked the African coffee at Boma . He doesn't drink it when we are in the parks so I can't help you there, sorry.

Upvote 0

go3epcot

Must agree with last responders. Boma has a wonderful press coffee (as well as the best juice in WDW) and Kona Cafe has a fine coffee stop next to the restaurant. It does close quite early in the day, however!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Since we are talking about where to get good coffee, I'd like to expand things a bit and ask also where to get
1.good baby back ribs and
2.good buffalo wings at WDW.
Do those things exist there or are you better off just waiting until you get back home?
Tks.
:slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

The Nescafe coffee in WDW is absolutley nasty. I would stick to the above suggested, or bring your own.

As far as baby back ribs....Tusker House in AK has amazing ribs and pulled pork...mmmmm....

I dont remember having any hot wings in WDW, but I'm sure someone here will have an answer for you!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

I think that Krispy Kreme doughnuts are part of the buffet at Donald's Breakfastosaurus in AK.
Krispy Kreme's are the 'king of doughnuts' in the Southeast.

:slurp:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Since we are talking about where to get good coffee, I'd like to expand things a bit and ask also where to get
1.good baby back ribs and
2.good buffalo wings at WDW.
Do those things exist there or are you better off just waiting until you get back home?
Tks.
:slurp: :slurp:

We had some great ribs at Boma in the AKL. :slurp:

Upvote 0

jasondiff

The best wings are nowhere at WDW, but very close. There is a relatively new Buffalo Wild Wings that opened sometime last summer in the Crossroads shopping center (same place as Goodings). Very good wings, lots of sauces to choose from. 40 cent wings on Tuesdays and 50 cent boneless wings on Thursdays.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Are there any Dunkin Donuts down there, right outside of Disney? I don't know how I'm going to make 10 days without it? :lol:

You could always bring some with you and make it in your room. They do use water treated with a Culligan system so it may not taste the same though.

Upvote 0

JeffC

Try the Kona coffee at the Polynesian, I don't drink coffee, but I know my DH just loves it.
He also liked the African coffee at Boma . He doesn't drink it when we are in the parks so I can't help you there, sorry.

Yes, Kona Coffee at the Poly is something my wife and I look forward to bigtime. I love getting up fairly early, walking to the Big House, getting the coffee, and walking back looking at the plants as the resort comes alive for the day.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Yes, Kona Coffee at the Poly is something my wife and I look forward to bigtime. I love getting up fairly early, walking to the Big House, getting the coffee, and walking back looking at the plants as the resort comes alive for the day.

Do you go in your jammies? :lookaroun

I will never forget seeing people walking up to the counter in their jammies and bathrobes (and ratty slippers) and waiting for the place to open. :lol:

I've seen them at the WL that way too.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I will never forget seeing people walking up to the counter in their jammies and bathrobes (and ratty slippers) and waiting for the place to open. :lol:

:ROFLOL:

When I was there in Feb., at one place in MK this women brought back a cup of coffee she had just bought ..

Women..."This coffee taste burned"
Girl working counter "Yeah, it probably does. It's instant"

Upvote 0

JeffC

Actually I don't wear "jammies". I sleep in the nude. :cool:

But I do put on pants and a shirt on and throw on the hat so I don't look too bad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom