Disney planning a new Western Beltway Property

Shaman

This is a great idea/concept...real smart move on Disney's part. I wonder though if it isn't better to have smaller locations offering the same only scattered around property as opposed to haivng one huge complex on one end.

This is interesting considering the rehab currently taking place at Pleasure Island and the whole re-work of that complete DTD concept.

I can't wait to see what Disney has up their sleeves....

Thanks Steve! :sohappy:

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
they should hold off...

I think they should finish Pop century before they build another hotel,so people don't have to look at that unfinished mess all the time.

Shaman

I think they should finish Pop century before they build another hotel,so people don't have to look at that unfinished mess all the time.

I'm thinking Disney will probably finish Pop before they break ground on the new project (or atleast the lodging/timeshare phase of the new project).

*shrug*

kcnole

The economy hotel concept sounds interesting. Any word if this means another value style resort or are they going for an even cheaper, possibly unthemed hotel. Maybe something to compete with the 50 dollar a night and under chains like motel 6?

TimeTrip

Well at least now I can feel justified in thinking that it made no sense to just drop down the Western Way for no real reason (along with many others here). I hope it doesn't make traffic a bear around that area, since that is my new preferred way to Disney. No traffic plus smooth roads = nice drive!

JimboJones123

:lol: what shall it be: Publix, Albertsons, Winn Dixie, Goodings? :D

All I know is that I'd rather spend $65 over $40 for a week if it means not leaving property. What if it's owned by Disney. A Disney Market! Great place for all the Home away From Homes. Plus, shuttles will run there.

Moustronaut

Motel Mickey's. No food court. No gift shop. $49-79 a night depending on season. Sounds awesome.

And it will have DVC attached! Well according to other reports at least.

So is this going to be an actual Disney resort or more like Hotel Plaza Blvd? Value oriented 3rd party hotels and timeshares?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom