Gordon Ramsay Restaurant at Disney World?

richiejg

Original Poster
Does anyone know whether a new Gordon Ramsay Restaurant is opening up in Disney World or Downtown Disney?

Looking on the Gordon Ramsay website it says that one is opening up in Florida, I know Florida is a big place but I thought it would be an ideal place to open a restaurant around/near Disney World.
http://www.gordonramsay.com/internationalrestaurants/

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thanks

dazzer68

im not sure disney and gordon ramsey would ever get together? hes hardly disney/family friendly! though hes a great chef and personality not sure the two go well side by side! you cant bleep live cooking!;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
His Florida restaurant will be in Boca Raton

Overseas is a different matter. This October, he opens his first US restaurant at the London NYC in New York under chef Neil Ferguson followed by a venue at the Boca Raton Resort and Club in Florida under Hartnett. Spring 2007 will add a third Ramsay restaurant, at the London LA hotel in Los Angeles. Ramsay is also eyeing up Amsterdam, Prague and Ireland for future ventures.

CatererSearch100 article (quote at end of article)

Herk

yeah you see gordon ramsay although he did do a 'Holiday' report for the BBC about WDW a couple years ago, and said it was good, he said the amount of junk food at the time put him off even trying to get into negotiations with disney.

If he did open a restaurant it would be either;
in MGM - under the name Pine Wood Studios Dining suite
in Epcot - taking over the Rose & Crown space
DTD - with a catchy name like 'Gordon Ramsys New Age Classics

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Keep him where he belongs - in the `C` list wannabe trash TV catagory :D

To America - he`s coming. I apologise.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Keep him where he belongs - in the `C` list wannabe trash TV catagory :D

To America - he`s coming. I apologise.
It is a shame our immigration laws are not a little stricter over here. Ramsey is another one of those chefs whose recognition comes for his personality and not his cooking.

metscool

That is a great guy. I idolize him. Yelling at the other Chefs on that show on Fox. It is great to see that maybe just maybe he could add a restaurant in Florida. If it is not going to be in Disney then they will maybe have it over at Universal.

Moustronaut

That is a great guy. I idolize him. Yelling at the other Chefs on that show on Fox. It is great to see that maybe just maybe he could add a restaurant in Florida. If it is not going to be in Disney then they will maybe have it over at Universal.

I think a good bit of that yelling and screaming is just for Fox's benefit though. If you ever catch his BBC show on BBC America, he much more civil, even in the face of some monumentally inept cooks. So given the right set of guidelines, I'm sure he'd be nice enough for Disney.

davewasbaloo

I think a good bit of that yelling and screaming is just for Fox's benefit though. If you ever catch his BBC show on BBC America, he much more civil, even in the face of some monumentally inept cooks. So given the right set of guidelines, I'm sure he'd be nice enough for Disney.

Hmmm, I think they must edit the US version of the British show. He yells and swears like a sailor no matter where he is.

But he is an excellent cook and manager - a super chef. Having had the pleasure of dining in 3 of his restaurants while he was in residence, he is one of the best.

I also love Joacquin Spitchel (SP?) and Ken Hom's cooking.

Herk

It is a shame our immigration laws are not a little stricter over here. Ramsey is another one of those chefs whose recognition comes for his personality and not his cooking.

I have had a meal at one of his restraurants in london, and I have to say it outranked other celebrity chefs restaurants. He started in food and progressed to TV

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom