Anyone miss Vault Disney on the Disney Channel?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Anyone miss Vault Disney on the Disney Channel?

If you're not sure on what it was, it was the block of programming show late at night years ago, back when they had shows like Flash Foward and they had Zoog Disney. It started every night on the Disney Channel around midnight.

They would show old episodes of Zorro, Spin and Marty, the original Mickey Mouse Club, and even sometimes the Wonderful World of Color. I would always tape the old Zorro episodes when I was younger. Now Disney got cheap and they are just running the same episodes of the shows the showed in the afternoon at night. I really wish they would show Vault Disney again.

popsicletrees

I remember Vault Disney. Sometimes my mom would let me stay up late with her and we would watch it together. What I really miss is waking up in the mornings before school and watching old Disney cartoons!

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I remember Zoog Disney!
Man, I forgot about that!

Yeah I used to like Zoog. But then they tried to "upgrade" it and make it 3-D computer graphics animation. I didn't like it when they redid the characters. At the very end they would make that little musical montage "We wanna watch a Zoog movie" which they show now, but it is now a "Disney Channel" movie. I forget the characters names.

I also liked when they used to have Tom Morrow 2.0 host the Imagineer That! shorts. Now they do Imagineer That, but it doesn't have anything to do with the parks.

I remember Vault Disney. Sometimes my mom would let me stay up late with her and we would watch it together. What I really miss is waking up in the mornings before school and watching old Disney cartoons!

That's right. I used to love the old Dinosaur episodes also before I went to school.

There was this whole other half of the Disney Channel where they would show old shows.

Wilt Dasney

In my not-so-humble opinion, The Disney Channel has gone to crap. I haven't enjoyed watching it in years, since they abandoned the old cartoons, movies, and parks-related stuff and started showing all the teenie stuff around the clock. (And yes, I remember Vault Disney. It had a great opening sequence, as I recall, with cutouts of lots of classic characters popping up.)

imagineer boy

Wilt Dasney said:
In my not-so-humble opinion, The Disney Channel has gone to crap. I haven't enjoyed watching it in years, since they abandoned the old cartoons, movies, and parks-related stuff and started showing all the teenie stuff around the clock. (And yes, I remember Vault Disney. It had a great opening sequence, as I recall, with cutouts of lots of classic characters popping up.)

I agree. The Disney Channel is absolute garbage nowdays. It seems like there's nothing Disney related showing on there anymore. So why call it "The Disney Channel?!"

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I used to love that opening. It was a first person perspective view, as if you were riding a ride in Disney. It ended with the Headless Horseman throwing his pumpkin head at you.:D

I agree. The Disney Channel is absolute garbage nowdays. It seems like there's nothing Disney related showing on there anymore. So why call it "The Disney Channel?!"

Yes, the Disney Channel is very different. You used to be able to see a lot of park related stuff. First it was Tom Morrow and Imagineer That!, then they had that kid sneaking into "Disney Headquarters" to tell you about future projects in Disney I forget the name (if it even had name), and now Disney 411, or Disney 365 since it has been changed during So Hot Summer. One of the reasons that many people in the early 90s really started to watch Disney Channel was because of the new Mickey Mouse Club. Now there is almost zero Disney-related material. All the old cartoons have gone to Toon Disney.

But now they are starting to show some of the older (not decades old though) cartoons in the afternoon like Timon and Pumbaa, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, and The Little Mermaid series that used to be seen on the Channel before along with the more recent Lilo and Stitch series.

It seems that most of the shows are coming from Canada or Austrailia, especially in Playhouse Disney, except for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the weekends. I'm surprised they came out with that type of show, but it is shown only on the weekends, so it is cheaper since they don't have to make that many episodes.

I guess after the success of Lizzie McGuire, they started to make more "teenie bopper" shows to fit the formula, but not all of them are bad. I just wish they had some of the older programming again.

Magic Maker

I MISS VAULT DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the old Mickey, etc cartoons played in between shows as well as the movie clips from classic Disney movies too! That was when I grew up.

Goose

Yes, the Disney Channel is very different. You used to be able to see a lot of park related stuff. First it was Tom Morrow and Imagineer That!, then they had that kid sneaking into "Disney Headquarters" to tell you about future projects in Disney I forget the name (if it even had name), and now Disney 411, or Disney 365 since it has been changed during So Hot Summer. One of the reasons that many people in the early 90s really started to watch Disney Channel was because of the new Mickey Mouse Club. Now there is almost zero Disney-related material. All the old cartoons have gone to Toon Disney.

Does anyone have old tapes (2001/2002) of the Disney Channel, I am looking for one of the Imaginner That! commercials. I had it on tape but lost it in a fire. I have been trying to search for another copy but have come up short.

Goose

darthjohnny

Original Poster
It's become Nickleodeon-lite.

For that matter, Nickleodeon has gone to crap as well.

Yeah, there is no more "Classic Disney" any more on the channel. :( It is all recent shows.

Just like Nick-at-Nite with no more classic shows. Even T.V. Land is starting to go that route. Pretty soon they'll need a T.V. Land 2. :lol:

As for Nickelodeon, their shows are ridiculous. Have you seen that demented "Mr. Meaty" show???:eek:

daringstoic

I remember Vault Disney. The old episodes of Zorro were pretty much my favorite thing in the world. I would stay up till midnight every night during the summer just to catch them.
And as for the rest of the channel, it's awful (although, I'm not gonna lie, I did develop a slight liking for Hannah Montana while I was down there on my CP...). Back in the day, it was awesome and my whole family would sit down and watch it. Now my little siblings (9-16) don't even bother with it anymore. And don't even get me started on Nickelodeon's downfall. I think the fact that there are hundreds of groups devoted to the classic Nick shows on the facebook pretty much says it all. And the block party summers? Those were the best things ever. Now look at it. I can't even stand to turn on the channel any more. Although Nick GAS is a pretty good way to catch the old shows. Legends of the Hidden Temple, anyone?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I remember Vault Disney. The old episodes of Zorro were pretty much my favorite thing in the world. I would stay up till midnight every night during the summer just to catch them.
And as for the rest of the channel, it's awful (although, I'm not gonna lie, I did develop a slight liking for Hannah Montana while I was down there on my CP...). Back in the day, it was awesome and my whole family would sit down and watch it. Now my little siblings (9-16) don't even bother with it anymore. And don't even get me started on Nickelodeon's downfall. I think the fact that there are hundreds of groups devoted to the classic Nick shows on the facebook pretty much says it all. And the block party summers? Those were the best things ever. Now look at it. I can't even stand to turn on the channel any more. Although Nick GAS is a pretty good way to catch the old shows. Legends of the Hidden Temple, anyone?

Yeah, I loved Zorro too. The block party summers were great with the old shows. It seems when Networks get new shows, they put their old, classic shows on new networks that usually you can't get without a satalite.( i.e. TV Land, ToonDisney, or Nick GAS.) Oh well....

maelstrom

I miss Vault Disney. The Disney Channel was still good when I first got satellite but then slowly but surely went down the potty. Same with Nickelodeon, Nick-at-Nite, TV Land, & VH1. :(

disneygirl746kt

I may only be 18 but I sure miss it. I would stay up late just watch Zorro....

now that they are showing the same shows of stuff that really isn't all that good, I start to question why they put those new shows on. Not that I really hate disney channel...I remember when they would show music videos in between shows which was my favorite part about that channel. Now I just watch their original movies on there.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
The Disney Channel has changed a lot.

Remember when they would show no "commercials" between shows and movies? Even just Disney Channel shows. Then they only started to do them during movies, then only the night when a movie premiered on the channel, and now, they show commercials during everything. Now they show commercials that are not Disney oriented, like McDonalds, VERB, Danimals Yogurt, and now recently, Tiger Electronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom