How are the Monterey Lake Apartments and area?

WDWlife

Original Poster
Does anyone have any experience with the Monterey Lake Apartments located off Westwood Blvd. (at Int. 4 and 528). We are moving in from out of town and don't know the area. I do know that it is right behind Seaworld and an easy drive to DAK where I will be working. We also have a 2 year old and are curious about a playground close by. (You know - besides the Happiest Place on Earth). Are they clean, well run, safe?

Thanks for the help!

CatLady

WDWlife said:
Are they clean, well run, safe?

I do not have personal experience with them, but I know a lot of SeaWorld employees, and they were not considered very nice or safe a couple years ago. Driving past on I-4, it looks like they have been repainted and fixed up, but I'm not sure if they are considered a safe area. Some of the office buildings nearby have suffered from a lot of car break-ins recently, so probably not.

Not too far away are two complexes that are generally considered a lot nicer and safer: Broadwater and Mission Club (I think it's called). I suspect that the prices are higher accordingly, though.

If you're willing to drive as far as Monterey Lakes, you might consider the Hunter's Creek area apartment complexes. They're about the same distance, and I always felt like the area was a lot safer.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It's bad. Bad bad bad. BAAAAAAAAAD

I've heard too many bad things, experienced one or two of them, and just never have felt comfortable there.

They should tear it down.

WDWlife

Original Poster
mkt said:
It's bad. Bad bad bad. BAAAAAAAAAD

I've heard too many bad things, experienced one or two of them, and just never have felt comfortable there.

They should tear it down.

Could you be more specific?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
a lot of breakins and burglaries, and a handful of rapes.... on top of a large amount of drug dealing going on.

Not a good place.

WDWlife

Original Poster
if you are going to be working at DAK why not more closer to there? The west side of WDW is nice.

This is where WDW is housing us. So we get no choice in the matter.

I have heard a mixed bag but I cannot see how it could be much worse than my neighborhood in New York City.

But we shall see...:eek:

WDWlife

Original Poster
Just a note.

Disney moved us to a new, nicer complex. I guess they didn't like it either...

Leaving in 8 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom