working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

I did a spicy, sweaty full body workout this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am going to go for a stroll, too. It's very sunny and mild.

I went for a mammogram yesterday afternoon and when I was done the tech told me it would be 24-28 hours to get my results. At 8:30 AM, I got the results. I was a bit concerned they were returned so quickly. It was flagged abnormal and I have to go back for more diagnostics. They were just results, my PCP hasn't seen them yet, so he will interpret it for me. I am not googling anything, because it could be nothing and it probably is. I refuse to go down any 'worry spiral' when I don't have all of the info and there is nothing I can do about it at the moment. I kind of knew something was up when the tech wanted to go back and do the right side again. She called another tech in and they both positioned me. Then they did took more images. I just want to return ASAP so I can either put this to rest or get the ball rolling if it's something more.

StarWarsGirl

Good morning ☀️

I did a spicy, sweaty full body workout this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am going to go for a stroll, too. It's very sunny and mild.

I went for a mammogram yesterday afternoon and when I was done the tech told me it would be 24-28 hours to get my results. At 8:30 AM, I got the results. I was a bit concerned they were returned so quickly. It was flagged abnormal and I have to go back for more diagnostics. They were just results, my PCP hasn't seen them yet, so he will interpret it for me. I am not googling anything, because it could be nothing and it probably is. I refuse to go down any 'worry spiral' when I don't have all of the info and there is nothing I can do about it at the moment. I kind of knew something was up when the tech wanted to go back and do the right side again. She called another tech in and they both positioned me. Then they did took more images. I just want to return ASAP so I can either put this to rest or get the ball rolling if it's something more.
My mom had that happen a few years ago. Thankfully, it was nothing. She did worry for several days, though.

Lilofan

Good morning ☀️

I hope you get the good news

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning ☀️

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about, wishing you the best.

Sans Souci

My mom had that happen a few years ago. Thankfully, it was nothing. She did worry for several days, though.

I keep telling myself the odds are in my favor of it being nothing. The only thing that concerns me is I had these microcalcifications at my last mamm. Back then, they were described as "loosely grouped", now they are described as a "cluster". When they first found those microcalcifications, I had to go back 6 months later just as a precaution. Then COVID happened and I hadn't had a mamm in a while. My appointment is a month away. I was prepared for a week or two of uncertainty, but not a month. lol My husband suggested that I check to see if there are earlier appointments at the Philly location. I like where I am currently going, because the radiology department has a comprehensive breast health department in it with additional diagnostics. It's also a hassle to go to Philly. I'll have to pay to go over the bridge, then pay for parking, not to mention dealing with Philadelphians and their "driving". :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a leg workout--so boring. I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to make weight lifting fun. But it's good for your health and it helps to prevent things like back aches and certain injuries.

I saw my first hummingbird of the season today. It seems early for them, since I usually don't see them until mid-May at the earliest. It's nice to see signs of warmer days coming. I'm hoping it's nice enough to sit in yard this weekend, just to chill out. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I keep telling myself the odds are in my favor of it being nothing. The only thing that concerns me is I had these microcalcifications at my last mamm. Back then, they were described as "loosely grouped", now they are described as a "cluster". When they first found those microcalcifications, I had to go back 6 months later just as a precaution. Then COVID happened and I hadn't had a mamm in a while. My appointment is a month away. I was prepared for a week or two of uncertainty, but not a month. lol My husband suggested that I check to see if there are earlier appointments at the Philly location. I like where I am currently going, because the radiology department has a comprehensive breast health department in it with additional diagnostics. It's also a hassle to go to Philly. I'll have to pay to go over the bridge, then pay for parking, not to mention dealing with Philadelphians and their "driving". :hilarious:

Even though the driving, bridge, and Philadelphians might be a hassle it might be better for your peace of mind to have an earlier appointment.

Songbird76

Good morning ☀️

I hope it's nothing. I did a mammogram once because I felt a small lump. I went in and they did the mammogram, then decided to do an ultrasound as well because I was so young and the tissue was dense. It was just a clump of normal tissue, so it was fine. It happens. When will your PCP see the results?

Sans Souci

I hope it's nothing. I did a mammogram once because I felt a small lump. I went in and they did the mammogram, then decided to do an ultrasound as well because I was so young and the tissue was dense. It was just a clump of normal tissue, so it was fine. It happens. When will your PCP see the results?

That must have been so scary to find a lump so young. I am glad it turned out to be nothing.

What I have isn't even palpable. They are tiny calcium crystals, but I guess when these cluster together an irregular fashion, it can indicate cancer in a milk duct. My tissue is also "extremely dense" which makes a mammogram less sensitive at detecting anomalies. I went years without a mammogram because the tech I last saw was making fun of my body. She told me to eat a meatball sandwich and to gain 10 lbs, because it would make my husband happy. I was gobsmacked that someone would talk to a patient like that.

I don't know when my PCP will read my results. He hasn't yet. He is totally slammed all the time. My husband made an appointment for an annual check last month and he couldn't get in until the end of June. There is a doctor shortage here. I made an appointment for a gyn check up last week and the scheduler told me to expect a long wait for an appointment. But he was able to get me in next month with a CRNP. He told me I was lucky to get that.

StarWarsGirl

Aww, PA drivers are great drivers...😂 Not to mention those excellent PA roads...🙄😆

I hate paying for parking at hospitals. Well, I hate paying for it in general, but why at the hospital? Why?

I had the 23 and Me testing done to test for the BRCA genes because for a while after I had my thyroid out, I was obsessively checking my . The nice thing is that it updates as they do more research. I don't have the BRCA genes or the colon cancer genes. Doesn't definitely mean I won't get either one, but it helps with my anxiety.

StarWarsGirl

That must have been so scary to find a lump so young. I am glad it turned out to be nothing.

What I have isn't even palpable. They are tiny calcium crystals, but I guess when these cluster together an irregular fashion, it can indicate cancer in a milk duct. My tissue is also "extremely dense" which makes a mammogram less sensitive at detecting anomalies. I went years without a mammogram because the tech I last saw was making fun of my body. She told me to eat a meatball sandwich and to gain 10 lbs, because it would make my husband happy. I was gobsmacked that someone would talk to a patient like that.

I don't know when my PCP will read my results. He hasn't yet. He is totally slammed all the time. My husband made an appointment for an annual check last month and he couldn't get in until the end of June. There is a doctor shortage here. I made an appointment for a gyn check up last week and the scheduler told me to expect a long wait for an appointment. But he was able to get me in next month with a CRNP. He told me I was lucky to get that.
What's weird is that here we've had issues with PCPs. I've had issues getting in to see mine. If I'm sick, I pretty much just go to urgent care since it's a $25 copay on my insurance. The endocrinologist office is also slammed. I see her once a year and see her PA once a year. She's super responsive to messages, though. I have to schedule with her a year in advance, and absolutely nothing can interfere with that appointment.

But when I switched gynos, it was a month wait. I've had to switch three times recently. This one appears to be sticking.

StarWarsGirl

I finally made it back to the gym!

January I was sick for most of the month. We finally figured out that my thyroid meds were way off. Normal range for TSH is 0.5 - 4.5. I'm supposed to be right at 0.5. I was at 11.8. So super in the hypothyroid range. I'm due for blood work, but so far I feel better.

My migraines have also been terrible, which is probably because I haven't been to the gym. But it's a Catch 22 - I can't go to the gym if I have a migraine, but if I don't go, I get migraines.

So I finally made it and hopped on the elliptical for 30 minutes. Planning to go again on Saturday.

Songbird76

That is so unprofessional to make a comment about a patient's body like that. Did you issue a complaint? That can prevent people from getting life-saving care! Totally unacceptable!

Songbird76

Just popping by to post a Gala night photo. It's a bit different from prom...there are no dates. People just get a group of friends and find a cool way to arrive. E's friend had an open spot in his old timer car, and everyone else in their friend group had arrangements, so E got to take the extra spot.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 19.05.40_d77b2e1e.jpg

There were some really creative arrivals. A couple guys came in a shopping cart, one girl came in the bucket of a tractor, one girl came in a semi cab, there were a lot of tractors as we live in a big farming area, several old timer cars....and one group dressed in like 1920s suits to match the car...that was neat. A party trailer, a beer bike, a camper....just lots of really unique entrances.

Sans Souci

Aww, PA drivers are great drivers...😂 Not to mention those excellent PA roads...🙄😆

I hate paying for parking at hospitals. Well, I hate paying for it in general, but why at the hospital? Why?

I had the 23 and Me testing done to test for the BRCA genes because for a while after I had my thyroid out, I was obsessively checking my . The nice thing is that it updates as they do more research. I don't have the BRCA genes or the colon cancer genes. Doesn't definitely mean I won't get either one, but it helps with my anxiety.

What do they do with your data? I have wanted to do one of the DNA test kits, but I am concerned about how that data might be used against me in the future. Not like tin foil reasons, but maybe letting insurance companies know in the future which genes you carry for different diseases and calling that a "preexisting condition" when you might never develop those diseases.

I've read some crazy articles where people have found out they were switched at birth at the hospital, were products of affairs and there is even a man who found out he was kidnapped when he took a DNA test.

Sans Souci

What's weird is that here we've had issues with PCPs. I've had issues getting in to see mine. If I'm sick, I pretty much just go to urgent care since it's a $25 copay on my insurance. The endocrinologist office is also slammed. I see her once a year and see her PA once a year. She's super responsive to messages, though. I have to schedule with her a year in advance, and absolutely nothing can interfere with that appointment.

But when I switched gynos, it was a month wait. I've had to switch three times recently. This one appears to be sticking.

There is a doctor shortage. A lot are retiring sooner than anticipated, some ob/gyns are not practicing obstetrics anymore because they can't afford the malpractice insurance and a lot of people entering medical school are going into the better paying specialities because Family Care/Primary Care doesn't pay that much. There is demand from students to go to med school, but there are only so many residencies. The AMA has been clamoring for expanding residency programs, but a large portion of residents' pay comes from Medicaid. Congress would have to create and pass legislation for that. We all know how well congress works these days... :rolleyes:

StarWarsGirl

What do they do with your data? I have wanted to do one of the DNA test kits, but I am concerned about how that data might be used against me in the future. Not like tin foil reasons, but maybe letting insurance companies know in the future which genes you carry for different diseases and calling that a "preexisting condition" when you might never develop those diseases.

I've read some crazy articles where people have found out they were switched at birth at the hospital, were products of affairs and there is even a man who found out he was kidnapped when he took a DNA test.
They won't share your data without permission. You can direct them to delete your data at any time. They also use your data for research studies, but you have to opt in. I've opted in because, frankly, I don't care, and if it helps, that's great.

It's also illegal to use your genetic information as part of employment or health insurance decisions (Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008). You pretty much can't be denied health insurance or charged more for health insurance anymore due to preexisting conditions thanks to the ACA.

I wasn't worried about finding any random siblings or my dad not being my dad or whatnot. I know all of my grandparents are definitely my grandparents, my parents are definitely my parents, etc. I'm kind of surprised I haven't found any random cousins from my dad's one brother. My one cousin said he's afraid of doing it because he already has a half sister from before his parents were married that they didn't know about until they were all adults, so he's afraid of what else he'll find. Pretty sure nothing else, but he doesn't want to know just in case.

Sans Souci

That is so unprofessional to make a comment about a patient's body like that. Did you issue a complaint? That can prevent people from getting life-saving care! Totally unacceptable!

I didn't because I didn't want to get her again as my tech and have her shoot her mouth at me again. I just thought the whole thing was gross, like I needed to mold my body into something a man would find attractive. Women are more than their bodies. It's just Pick Me behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom