The Highest of Highs! - What is the pinnacle attraction of Imagineering at WDW past and present?

Assuming best condition/upkeep, what is the pinnacle attraction of Imagineering at WDW? Pick 3!

• Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

• The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

• Splash Mountain

• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

• Dinosaur

• Horizons

• The Great Movie Ride

• Journey into Imagination (original)

• Something else not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a tough question, and I have to limit this to WDW only, because otherwise there would be too many choices. I'm also limited by ten total choices. If I don't list your choice, feel free to vote "Something else not listed" and comment your choice below.

Also, for every choice, we're assuming best upkeep and condition โ€” all effects are functioning and basically the ride is new. Poor upkeep by TDO or replacement by a more popular IP should not play a role in your vote.

What we're actually evaluating here is the Imagineering of the attraction.

Horizonsfan

Of the list given: RotR, Horizons,JII

If HM was an option itโ€™d be in my top three, though Iโ€™m not sure which choice Iโ€™d replace.

Honorable mentions to SSE, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and WOM.

nickys

Premium Member
Rise and Horizons.

Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth for the โ€œotherโ€.

POTC in Orlando for the tunnel under the road solution.

But BTMRR at DLP would also get my vote.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Couldn't agree more, I'd give a honorable mention to Expedition Everest and Mystic Manor.
But out of all of the masterpieces you listed... look how many of them are gone, SAD!
I should add an honourable design mention to Kilimanjaro. But I canโ€™t include Everest. Nice rock work but nothing not seen elsewhere, a nice but nothing special layout, minimal show scenes, light leaks and more effects no longer working than still work.

JMcMahonEsq

Spaceship Earth/Flight of Pandora/pirates

I donโ€™t understand all the love for splash in this context. It was a fan favorite to be sure, and was certainly fun. But at the end of the day, it was a flume ride. There have been flume/log rides forever, at big parks, small regional parks, ect. Itโ€™s a log ride done well, but not a huge stretch for the imagineers in creation or innovation

rio

TOT
Splash
MMRR or Ratatouille
HM

Probably in that exact order, and assuming only WDW rides are included. I only started going to the parks in 2004, so never rode Imagination when it was new.

Engineering wise for attractions Iโ€™d give the award to Kilimanjaro or Space Mountain. Kilamanjaro for the animal upkeep and design, and Space for raw technical complexity. Eltororyan on YouTube has a great video about how Space Mountain works, and itโ€™s amazing that it does.

Eric Graham

Wasn't mentioned, but we particularly enjoy Soarin' although some do not. To us, it is really amazing that is almost like a giant erector set that I used to play with as a child. It is also so much fun to me that it literally takes you about 10 feet up (not sure of the exact height) and it gives you the sensation like your flying through the air. I also particularly like receiving my pin on It's a Small World when the floor opens up (Wait what, that's the plot of the Tomorrowland Movie) :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wasn't mentioned, but we particularly enjoy Soarin' although some do not. To us, it is really amazing that is almost like a giant erector set that I used to play with as a child. It is also so much fun to me that it literally takes you about 10 feet up (not sure of the exact height) and it gives you the sensation like your flying through the air. I also particularly like receiving my pin on It's a Small World when the floor opens up (Wait what, that's the plot of the Tomorrowland Movie) :)
What I love about soarin is the simplicity of itโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s not complicated at allโ€ฆbut manages to deliver a good time without tons of frills

I always liked rockinrollercoaster for the same reasonโ€ฆ

Sometimes the more you spend, the less effect it has over time and takes money AWAY from the park piggy bank otherwise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom