Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I have no inside information... but I feel like something like this would accommodate a lot of DAS use for ROTR (I know not every line can do this). Also thank you Martin and I hope you don't mind me using this snip from your video. Place a cast member at each one of these spots with a return to line pass (either digital or physical). Allow people to leave at that point without any proof required. The person can be gone for however long they want but can only return to the same spot in which they left. (LL would be used to get back to the blue merge point, but a second ILL tap will prevent people from going further). It won't work for everyone, but I feel like it would work for a lot of people (most can go 30 minutes between brakes I think).
View attachment 778937

There’s restrooms alongside the queue but they’re on the other side of the decorated wall. They’ve taken us out one door and dropped us at another, and there were more doors that we saw while out there. I’d assume they purpose built it that way

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How many abusers are going to actually pay for G+? These are people who don't want to pay which is why there was an increase in DAS usage at the same time G+ was implemented.

I imagine that there will be slightly more G+ usage, people will have fights in the standby lines with "leave and return" and the wait times will stay the same.
Yeah…

15 minutes of Reddit research opens the eyes.

The most frequent description is “just say you have anxiety…”

Which is why there is ire and offense ramping up.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So what is your suggested alternative?

I know it’s not suggesting if you “really need it” you get walked on…because that isn’t gonna fly.

The problem is in Orlando getting on a ride takes “work” due to mismanagement. That is what’s creating the chaos and causing a raging debate for what would never be an issue if the parks were equipped properly.

I remember when i was first researching DAS i came across a couple of posters saying that Disney recommend they wear an adult diaper. As you can imagine that didn’t land well for them. But in the years since i saw that i haven’t seen it brought up once, so I’ve just begun to assume it never happened and Disney doesn’t make that suggestion 🤷‍♀️

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I’m just going to use the numbers…according to the CDC, the autism rate in 2000 was approximately 1 in 150…last year in NJ (where I live is now 1 in 35.
The rates have increased over 4 times in 23 years. So if the numbers are increasing at that alarming rate, and Disney is such a popular attraction for children with autism, the numbers are never going to decrease, only increase. So we’re going to see a dip in guests that really need it and don’t have access to it with a steady increase in DAS numbers…I just don’t get it…Disney, the epitome of inclusion EXCLUDING whole groups…

It’s faulty logic. The numbers of people with autism are increasing not because we have some wild autism epidemic. It’s because autistic people are figuring out they’re autistic, and getting evaluated and diagnosed. It’s not going to keep exponentially growing. Eventually (soon, maybe now) it will plateau. The increase rate you said isn’t going to be a constant

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember when i was first researching DAS i came across a couple of posters saying that Disney recommend they wear an adult diaper. As you can imagine that didn’t land well for them. But in the years since i saw that i haven’t seen it brought up once, so I’ve just begun to assume it never happened and Disney doesn’t make that suggestion 🤷‍♀️
That’s a power move for Epcot though 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s faulty logic. The numbers of people with autism are increasing not because we have some wild autism epidemic. It’s because autistic people are figuring out they’re autistic, and getting evaluated and diagnosed. It’s not going to keep exponentially growing. Eventually (soon, maybe now) it will plateau. The increase rate you said isn’t going to be a constant
Yeah agree

These things aren’t “contagious”…it’s just more doctor visits, more research, more classification.

Also environmental factors may be at play.

I’ll give an unrelated example

The rates of “mental retardation” (I know…clutch your pearls) decreased significantly in the late 1960s to 1980s…

Why is that odd? Because of a ban on lead in gas, paint, consumer products and the catalytic converter.

Coincidence, huh?

By a similar token…the rate of autism has risen as other classifications were abandoned

brettf22

Premium Member
Not to hijack this thread, but you liked it? I've considered it but the idea of lasers and eyes are giving me the squick.
1712964407200.gif

Seriously, I had it done 15 years ago. Still 20/20. Wish I had done it sooner.

el_super

There are not enough seats on rides to go around for any given day.

The overall park capacity doesn't do anything to resolve he issues caused by the management of standby/G+/DAS. The only thing that will resolve this is some mythical ride that has the demand of a big coaster/E-Ticket while simultaneously having the capacity for 4000-6000 people per hour.

Such an attraction does not exist.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The overall park capacity doesn't do anything to resolve he issues caused by the management of standby/G+/DAS. The only thing that will resolve this is some mythical ride that has the demand of a big coaster/E-Ticket while simultaneously having the capacity for 4000-6000 people per hour.

Not true

As we have covered many a time

Trauma

How many abusers are going to actually pay for G+? These are people who don't want to pay which is why there was an increase in DAS usage at the same time G+ was implemented.

I imagine that there will be slightly more G+ usage, people will have fights in the standby lines with "leave and return" and the wait times will stay the same.
The locals AP’s and DVC people will have the word out on how to lie soon enough.

In other words, the cheaters will still be there.

TrainsOfDisney

If they hired me as a consultant I could give a quick fix to MK in a few months.

Quick solution is to pack the park with more characters and live entertainment. At the same time run all attractions with full staffing and have extra maintenance standing by to deal with down time as quickly as possible.

That alone would change things fast.

Happyday

If they hired me as a consultant I could give a quick fix to MK in a few months.

Quick solution is to pack the park with more characters and live entertainment. At the same time run all attractions with full staffing and have extra maintenance standing by to deal with down time as quickly as possible.

I agree but... that would take money and you can be sure certain there are people that can afford to take a pay cut that won't just to make it happen and you know where that money would come from. Hint you can find them in this thread...

Trauma

Buy enough shares to make me CEO and I will hire you as a consultant.

It’s a good deal!

SamusAranX

But that would completely violate The Disney WayTM

Patcheslee

The new pdf shared lists incontinence products are available in the parks. So can't say it's not valid.

Tha Realest

Once the system is out there and folks with actual disabilities that previously qualified, now no longer qualify, we will hear it and know it.
You are entitled to a reasonable accommodation for your disability. Not the accommodation you feel you’re entitled to due to your disability.

In essence, Disney is offering a more encompassing series accommodations to a non-verbal person with Down Syndrome vs someone with Type 1 diabetes or extreme irritable bowel syndrome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom