Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

mrflo

Just saw this post on the French forum (Disney Central Plaza). Interesting insights if reliable. At least it all sounds very reasonable to me.

disneycentralplaza 2024-04-06.png

Source: Disney Central Plaza

It's an automated translation to English as the original post is in French.

Last edited:

fradz

Just saw this post on the French forum (Disney Central Plaza). Interesting insights if reliable. At least it all sounds very reasonable to me.

View attachment 777559

Lol, just the writing style makes it pretty obvious who posted this for anyone who's been around for a while in the French communities. He's not wrong though. He called stuff years ahead of everyone else and is about to be proven right for some of his very early predictions.

I think by now everyone has seen what are the plans for WDSP. One important note: never take "Passport Wonderland" as your primary source, it's just speculation and re-compiling. For example this map is partially wrong: some zones marked as "Expansions" are not usable for construction.

For Parc Disneyland, signs have been appearing for a while in the backstage. I've posted a few drawn maps before on French forums but quickly deleted it because I'm really tired of some ppl there. I did keep a post from March 2023 where I highlight what space if being freed up on the back of Discoveryland for the expansion plans.
Speaking of Discoveryland, yes, Space Mountain retheme will happen in the coming year(s). There will be actual track work muuuuchh later on :( .
For the left-hand side, they know there needs to be something new to draw people deeper into the lands. It's gotta be the IJA pad. It's (almost) always been the IJA pad.

nickys

Premium Member
This “parade road” through WDSP ….
I’ve not noticed anything about a parade before( but bear in mind I only started trying to follow DLP developments less than a year ago). Are there rumours around a parade coming?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve not noticed anything about a parade before( but bear in mind I only started trying to follow DLP developments less than a year ago). Are there rumours around a parade coming?
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t. The Cinema Parade was very popular (albeit cheap) but logistically it became a problem.

cjkeating

Lol, just the writing style makes it pretty obvious who posted this for anyone who's been around for a while in the French communities. He's not wrong though. He called stuff years ahead of everyone else and is about to be proven right for some of his very early predictions.

I think by now everyone has seen what are the plans for WDSP. One important note: never take "Passport Wonderland" as your primary source, it's just speculation and re-compiling. For example this map is partially wrong: some zones marked as "Expansions" are not usable for construction.
Yes. It is very easy to be caught up by people who put 2+2 together of legitimate information and then try and make 5 to gets some views or clicks. Most people who know things aren't flashy like PW in this instance.

Also I haven't been on DCP for a long time but it was a toxic fantasyland (excuse the pun)... this quiet little sub forum is a much more adult and accurate discussion place than on there (imo)
On the leaked plans of the 'Theatre District' placemaking there is a parade route marked out by the flooring design so this isn't new news but may have been overlooked. It doesn't mean there will be a parade 365 days a year but this at least gives them the option to do one.
Logistically in what way? Will this highlighted parade road help with that, or is it the old parade route ?
The parade route basically cut the park in half as it started by RNRC, went in front of Studio 1 and exited by Animagique Theatre. Therefore if you entered the park whilst it was on you were stuck on the Studio 1 side and if you wanted to exit from the other side you couldn't. As you can see this new route minimises this issue.

Toni25

View attachment 777559

This just makes me curious what the initial "themes and placemaking" plans were 🤔. Are there any leaks/rumors?
The park could definitely use some more theming & storytelling.
To me it feels like more effort could have been put in the placemaking, even after all the expansions and remodels it feels a bit messy/incoherent.

TheLewisHK

Although I wish they had opted to open the expansion with more than 1 land to begin with, and certainly had my reservations initially... this potential long-term plan for the studios sounds great to me. The studios were so dire (albeit miles ahead of when we went the year it opened!) when we went in January.

If they could Sandwich in a couple of bits (even just the SM retheme and other 'smaller' projects) for the main park in this time span it'll make time go a bit faster and at least have some new bits to draw people back to the resort.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic...

J4546

Calling Avengers Campus a dazzling success feels... optimistic.
well when compared to what was there before, its probably a very nice upgrade. No offense to Armaggedon of course....great movie lol.

Also the eyeball lighting on the exterior of Iron Man coaster is pretty cool at night in videos and pics.

Once the central pathway is done and you have connection from AC and TSL, the park will have such a better flow instead of 2 dead ends, it will be 2 loops

Sir_Cliff

Calling Avengers Campus a dazzling success feels... optimistic.
well when compared to what was there before, its probably a very nice upgrade. No offense to Armaggedon of course....great movie lol.
Yeah, it is an improvement, though it seems so strange to me when they opened the area with the notion they would have to restrict entry because it would be so popular. That seemed to be abandoned quite quickly, and rightly so; the area is a nice addition to WDS but it isn't exactly a game changer.

Perhaps I shouldn't say this as I don't want to get personal, but there is a certain Imagineer who keeps presuming their work on several WDS projects including this one and I can't help but think each time "it's not that great..."

I don't mean this to sound negative, though, as overall I am holding out hopes for WDS and continue to be more enthusiastic about DLRP these days than WDW.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I read the post and from what I interpreted, it sounds like WDSP won't be getting whatever Avatar land DCA is getting but instead what is currently at AK. Am I reading that right?

Warly

This just makes me curious what the initial "themes and placemaking" plans were 🤔. Are there any leaks/rumors?
The park could definitely use some more theming & storytelling.
To me it feels like more effort could have been put in the placemaking, even after all the expansions and remodels it feels a bit messy/incoherent.
I agree, i still hope the placemaking is not only redoing the floor, but also redoing the buildings, if „only“ facades are being added to make the area more interesting and coherent than those separate corporate looking buildings with the projection tower in the middle. But we‘ll see 🤞

Toni25

I read the post and from what I interpreted, it sounds like WDSP won't be getting whatever Avatar land DCA is getting but instead what is currently at AK. Am I reading that right?
Nobody knows at this point, there were rumors for all of the following versions:
1. Exact copy of what is at Animal Kingdom
2. Almost the same version as AK, but with a raft ride instead of the river journey (too many boat rides next to each other)
3. Same as AK version, but with only one ride, FoP.
4. Shared project with Disneyland Anaheim
5. Unique version of Avatar
I would take everything with a grain of salt since nobody seems to know exactly.
We will find out at some point...I hope it'll be a somewhat unique version & it better have 2 rides (sick of single ride lands).
Flight of Passage would be great and another ride/attraction that is different from the ones in the USA.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Nobody knows at this point, there were rumors for all of the following versions:
1. Exact copy of what is at Animal Kingdom
2. Almost the same version as AK, but with a raft ride instead of the river journey (too many boat rides next to each other)
3. Same as AK version, but with only one ride, FoP.
4. Shared project with Disneyland Anaheim
5. Unique version of Avatar
I would take everything with a grain of salt since nobody seems to know exactly.
We will find out at some point...I hope it'll be a somewhat unique version & it better have 2 rides (sick of single ride lands).
Flight of Passage would be great and another ride/attraction that is different from the ones in the USA.
My gut feeling is the Avatar land destined for Anaheim will be announced at D23. Maybe Paris's will as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom