Moving IaSW to Epcot?

J4546

Original Poster
Flame away but would you all be ok if they moved Its a Small World to Epcot to the World Showcase Building area and gave it a DL like aesthetic? Then used the MK plot for something that fits the fantasyland theme better like a tangled boat ride?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Epcot: We have IASW at home

Gran_Fiesta-1200x900.jpg

But seriously it's been discussed among fans before but seriously doubt Disney would go to the cost and effort. Large scale boat rides are very expensive to move.

There was a rumor that Tokyo Disneyland was going to move theirs...like a short distance within the same park to make room for another attraction (can't remember what it was) but they never went through with it.

Epcot82Guy

The only reason I would see any chance of this would be to open a bigger path to the Beyond Big Thunder loop. But there are better, cheaper options.

Part of the challenge is there isn't a really great place to put it in Epcot, either.

HauntedMansionFLA

The only reason I would see any chance of this would be to open a bigger path to the Beyond Big Thunder loop. But there are better, cheaper options.

Part of the challenge is there isn't a really great place to put it in Epcot, either.
You use the area where the African outpost sits?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I mean, it would fit the "mission" of World Showcase perfectly, and the perfect place would be at the front of World Showcase (near Imagination), but I just don't see Disney spending the money to do it. Carousel of Progress would also fit in EPCOT as well and would be infinitly easier to move (and would be a good excuse to update it when they move it).

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Epcot: We have IASW at home

Gran_Fiesta-1200x900.jpg

But seriously it's been discussed among fans before but seriously doubt Disney would go to the cost and effort. Large scale boat rides are very expensive to move.

There was a rumor that Tokyo Disneyland was going to move theirs...like a short distance within the same park to make room for another attraction (can't remember what it was) but they never went through with it.
It wasn’t just a rumor it was the plan. They were going to make an Alice in Wonderland mini land, but it got canceled. Instead they just plussed up the current iteration which is really good.

donaldtoo

If a Disneyland-style IaSW was going to be put on The Outpost area lot, it would probably be best to put it behind that bank of trees (green) for a “reveal”, other than convoluting the World Showcase promenade with that out of place facade.
Or, maybe just put it in all its glory out in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon (red) so Guests would have to take a boat ride out to the boat ride…!!!!! :hilarious: ;)

0BBC51A9-2B7A-4374-B0D2-241EBABCFB92.jpeg

Bocabear

Could there be some sort of way to move a show building dead center at the world showcase lagoon lined up with Spaceship earth, and then the waterside of the building be a stadium style seating for the nightly water/firework shows? Just spitballing.... They could actually use seating like they built for Rivers Of Light... and if the show building could be worked into it (With a Bar and Restaurant on the roof) it would truly be seated to act like a "Gateway To The World"...and it would clear the way in Fantasyland for a pathway to a new world, and/or the space for a new attraction...

Bocabear

It would never happen, it's true... I was actually surprised when they tore out the Speedway at Hong Kong Disneyland to add IASW... That ride sure has some staying power!!

Epcot82Guy

The only other place I can think of is World ShowPlace in between Canada and the UK. That place is on its last legs.

I thought that, too. It would also be weird be possible at International Gateway, but you'd lose the full UK expansion plot.
I mean, if Christine had stuck around - they could have used WoL, adjusting the narrative to talk about small waistlines...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So. You want people to experience the repeating loop of the IaSW song while on a slow moving boat ride immediately after consuming a few tequilas, whiskys, and/or beers? Sounds like a good idea. What could possibly go wrong.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If a Disneyland-style IaSW was going to be put on The Outpost area lot, it would probably be best to put it behind that bank of trees (green) for a “reveal”, other than convoluting the World Showcase promenade with that out of place facade.
Or, maybe just put it in all its glory out in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon (red) so Guests would have to take a boat ride out to the boat ride…!!!!! :hilarious: ;)

View attachment 776502

Only if CoP can have its own island too.

doctornick

I thought that, too. It would also be weird be possible at International Gateway, but you'd lose the full UK expansion plot.
I mean, if Christine had stuck around - they could have used WoL, adjusting the narrative to talk about small waistlines...

I've always thought it would be neat in that area, so it would be a "welcome" to the WS for guests entering in the International Gateway entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom