Pre-Trip Help... They're Making Me Go...

Hi Everyone! Remember us?

IMG_5686.JPG

Let me refresh your memories... I'm the one who tends to not finish her TR's. :rolleyes:

Well. in my defense, the last 3 or so years has been hectic and has had it's share of drama.. parent drama, work drama, homeschool drama, sibling drama, oh, and a global pandemic thrown in because... why not?

However...

IMG_4442 4.jpg

Yep... it seems like it's a go.

Anyone want to plan along with us? Hope so - because I miss all my friends here terribly!

sheriffwoody

If it were me, with the number of people you have, I think I'd do a car service. I would be worried about Lyft not being able to fit all your stuff, like you said, unless you specify a bigger car, and then you're probably looking at close to the same cost anyway. We used a guy from happy limo a couple of years ago and it went smoothly. I've heard mixed things about the shuttles too!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
If it were me, with the number of people you have, I think I'd do a car service. I would be worried about Lyft not being able to fit all your stuff, like you said, unless you specify a bigger car, and then you're probably looking at close to the same cost anyway. We used a guy from happy limo a couple of years ago and it went smoothly. I've heard mixed things about the shuttles too!
Thank you!! I will check out Happy Limo. I’m thinking if we use Lyft, we will get 2 cars. Julia and Nick can go in one and then me, Ross and Hope in another.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Have you thought about a car service? If you are planning on taking two Lyfts it might be cheaper to book a van through a car service. Or can you pre-book a bigger car through Lyft? You can with Uber.

You can definitely pre-book a bigger car through Lyft. I know we were able to have one that fit 4 of us and at least 6 suitcases plus carryons. And we were definitely not three across in the back, so it must have been two rows of two seats.

ETA: I just looked - you can book in advance up to 30 days and a Lyft XL seats 6 (I assume that is passengers and not with driver 😉). I should also add that 4 of the suitcases mentioned above were large (29") suitcases and the others were larger than carry-on size.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Have you thought about a car service? If you are planning on taking two Lyfts it might be cheaper to book a van through a car service. Or can you pre-book a bigger car through Lyft? You can with Uber.
This is what I was thinking for our trip as well. I'm in the same boat, but only with heading BACK to the airport after our trip. My best friend is picking us up from the airport, but we need a way to get back at the end, and I was thinking about that....do I take the Mears/Sunshine service, Happy Limo, Uber? But we would only need one car for the two of us and our luggage, I think. Last year, we had a van service pick us up here in our home town and drive us to Amsterdam to a hotel at the airport and it cost us 200 bucks, but it was SO worth not having to stress about traffic, directions, parking, not to mention our luggage wouldn't fit in our car with us. But that was an hour and a half long drive for four of us....I'm not sure it's worth that kind of money for two people from Disney to MCO, and isn't it really expensive to take the mears service? Are there other reputeable car services?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is what I was thinking for our trip as well. I'm in the same boat, but only with heading BACK to the airport after our trip. My best friend is picking us up from the airport, but we need a way to get back at the end, and I was thinking about that....do I take the Mears/Sunshine service, Happy Limo, Uber? But we would only need one car for the two of us and our luggage, I think. Last year, we had a van service pick us up here in our home town and drive us to Amsterdam to a hotel at the airport and it cost us 200 bucks, but it was SO worth not having to stress about traffic, directions, parking, not to mention our luggage wouldn't fit in our car with us. But that was an hour and a half long drive for four of us....I'm not sure it's worth that kind of money for two people from Disney to MCO, and isn't it really expensive to take the mears service? Are there other reputeable car services?

There are reputable car services like quicksilver and happy limo. I have taken the Mears shuttle back to the airport (and used it to WDW as well as Uber) and they have always been on time. I have also pre-booked an Uber because I had an early flight and didn’t want to deal with finding one early. For just a couple people I think Mears or Uber/Lyft is more economical than a car service and just as reliable.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
I used quicksilver tours once, the only time I used a car service for WDW and I was happy with their service.
Thank you!! I will look into them.

You can definitely pre-book a bigger car through Lyft. I know we were able to have one that fit 4 of us and at least 6 suitcases plus carryons. And we were definitely not three across in the back, so it must have been two rows of two seats.

ETA: I just looked - you can book in advance up to 30 days and a Lyft XL seats 6 (I assume that is passengers and not with driver 😉). I should also add that 4 of the suitcases mentioned above were large (29") suitcases and the others were larger than carry-on size.
I think I am leaning towards Lyft, but going to research the other ones people are mentioning. I'm thinking if we do go with Lyft, we should probably split up and take 2 cars, that way, I don't have to worry about pre-booking or that we will not all fit.

We’ve used Happy Limo quite a bit but stopped after they forgot to pick us up!!
Last month we used Mears for the first time & were happy with them!!
OMG - maybe I'll cross them off the list. lol

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Like you... I cannot stomach Disney right now... the prices are crazy, and all the changes just made me sad... I haven't even logged in here in a long while... but I thought of Hope today, and thought I would log on to look for a trip report!
I've thought about you too!! I'm glad to see you back. Hope all is well!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_8468.jpg

We are getting closer...

I made a few ADR's - I would have been happy with no sit downs with the absence of the dinning plan, but I was overruled again. So I let everyone pick their favorite place.

Ross went with Ohanna, Hope picked Garden Grill and Julia opted for Morimoto. I went with Homecoming because... well... chicken and doughnuts - need I say more? Yep I'll say more - moonshine - there ya go.

I had no problem getting the times I wanted, but I have to say these park reservations are tripping me up. I think I have to go back and switch them around again. I just don't like them at all! Funny because I never had any issue planning a park day around a dining reservation, but planning the parks in advance bothers me. As does the park hopping after 2:00pm.

Up next, I guess I should start to figure out packing. 5 people, 5 suitcases, 4 backpacks, 1 car. Hmmmmm...This should be fun!

And WHY is summer going by so quickly???

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_8652.jpg

So.... I called JetBlue today to add our KTNs to our tickets and while on hold, I noticed on the website that our seat selection for our outgoing flight had been deleted!! WHAT???

Our original flight had been canceled and changed 2X already - but the seat selection remained until now?!?! I questioned the agent who told me basically it was my fault. Then he wanted to charge me an additional $67 per seat for the same seat type we had booked originally for free. ummmm..... no.

He transferred me to another person who was specifically for Mosaic members- which we are thanks to Ross' box truck which broke down last year and has basically been completely rebuilt with his Jet Blue card. :banghead: Thankfully, that agent was awesome and she apologized and gave us the same type seat just a couple of rows back. She also admitted it was not my fault - it was apparently a glitch in their system.

Crisis averted. I can't even imagine getting to the airport the morning of our flight and being told we didn't have seats together or seats at all!!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
I found these at our local Shop Rite, so I thought it would help us get in the Disney "food" mood. Julia says they taste better at the parks. 🤣 Miss Hope had no interest... She is still a "just" vanilla kind of girl. Although these days she has added gummy bears and whipped cream on top of her "just" vanilla.
IMG_8653.jpg
IMG_8629.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I found these at our local Shop Rite, so I thought it would help us get in the Disney "food" mood. Julia says they taste better at the parks. 🤣 Miss Hope had no interest... She is still a "just" vanilla kind of girl. Although these days she has added gummy bears and whipped cream on top of her "just" vanilla. View attachment 736556View attachment 736559
Julia is right they taste better at the parks!😀 But they are fun to have at home if you can’t be at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom