News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

A disgraceful decision that will only cause misery to tourists who come from abroad and actually spend in Disney.

Locals should not only have any annual passes removed, but also any little perks removed too (eg if you have an annual pass you are not allowed to participate in any fast passes) Not only would i remove the annual passes for locals - i'd go one strep further and suggest they pay a premium to enter the parks on one day tickets. And then i'd suggest seperate entrances to check they don't bring in food and just use the parks to take up space to have their home cooked meal in nice surroundings. I'd also designate them certain areas that they cannot enter - especially sheltered seat areas, so the rest of us don't have to scramble around looking for seating but can't because locals have bought in their microwaved meals and put the meals on those seats.

Furthermore i'd also ban them from congragating around the castle to see fireworks - if you are a local why on earth would you want to take up space to see the fireworks for the hundredth time, as the high spending tourist has to stand by the monorail to get a glimpse (probably).

Something needs to be done.

Why should they just get to go every day, take in their picnics, and just contribute to long queues, then go home at the end of the day. Whilst the long suffering tourists, pays a premium for hotels, buys merch, eats on Disney property, and spends alot as they're on holiday. And furthermore Disney gives them a discount for all the misery they contribute!

A complete disgrace.
Wow....just wow..

Ayla

On a slightly different note regarding the early wake up call to order an AP this morning ;)

The Florida Division of Emergency Management issued an apology: "We know a 4:45 AM wake up call isn't ideal FLSERT wants to apologize for the early morning text. Each month, we test #emergencyalerts on a variety of platforms. This alert was supposed to be on TV, and not disturb anyone already sleeping. We are taking the appropriate action to ensure this will never happen again and that only true emergencies are sent as alerts in the middle of the night."
You forgot the cutesy, obnoxious emoji they included in the message.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Why would they invest anything into IT when people CONTINUE to throw money at them for their terrible service?! They don't need to invest anything, based on these drooling posts.
they did then they got rid of them, just to rehire them for 3-4x the cost as consultants...

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Disney IT has been awful since Day 1 ~ literally.
the dev team is the only team that pays somewhat decent, their infrastructure IT guys dont get paid that great, thats why no one applies for them lol.
I remember a few recruiters looking for python guys for 85/hour but the regular IT staff that deals with servers are like 70-80k range with limited resources.

twilight mitsuk

the dev team is the only team that pays somewhat decent, their infrastructure IT guys dont get paid that great, thats why no one applies for them lol.
I remember a few recruiters looking for python guys for 85/hour but the regular IT staff that deals with servers are like 70-80k range with limited resources.
Wdw IT presented by geeksquad

grapejellybean

My husband was contacted by a recruiter for Disney IT for an IT manager position. It was temp to perm, with no grantees of permanent employment, no benefits as being a temp, and the salary was half of what he makes now. He declined.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just popped into queue again, current estimated serve time from the server status: 2023-04-22T01:03:23Z (April 21st, 2023 at 9:03:23pm)
I got in the queue shortly after 6 AM ET.

2023-04-20T18:02

So, around 1 PM ET for me.

And yes, that's "more than an hour," so, they got that right!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom